Blue screen after windows logo

Zaknafein8

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hello everyone,
I bought an alienware 14 with an ssd which was working as caching. I wanted to install windows 7 on it and use the hdd just for data storage so I enable trough bios the ssd and i've installed windows 7 on it, so far so good.
At the first boot after the installation i had two operation systems ( both windows 7) one on the ssd and one on the hdd, i chose to boot with the ssd and it worked. I was planning to format the hdd after the drivers installation and the windows uptades.
After i had installed all the drivers from the alienware cd and all the windows uptades from the windows uptade centre i restarted the pc in order to configure and to enable all the uptades and the drivers and here came the problem;
I still had the 2 operation systems ( fine, i hadn't formatted the hdd yet) but when i clicked to boot from the ssd i got the blue screen and the reboot. I tried to boot from the regoular hdd but same problem, blue screen.
So i cannot boot anything.
Any advice?

sorry for my english and thanks in advance!

HN123

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Hi, probably, the problem was happend because of installed updates into new Windows. If you can remove or disable them then do it.
By the way, do not forget to provide the blue screen error code and its parameters data.
Best Regards.

Zaknafein8

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Just for the sake of it,
problem solved.
Please follow this guide http://www.alienwarearena.com/forums/topic/6964/hardware/-guide-upgrading-to-an-ssd/ to install windows on ssd but DO NOT install this driver : 3. Intel RST Driver / Intel Management Engine. It will screw up your boot and bsod will appear.
Enjoy

TRENDING THREADS