Blue screen attempted_write_to_readonly_memory then pc starts up and turns off over and over again

TechAddictSimon

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
I started up a game on my pc and got an instant blue screen that said attempted_write_to_readonly_memory. My pc got stuck on the bsod so i hit the power button on my pc. I hit the power button again to turn it back on and all it would do was turn on all my parts for a few seconds and nothing came up on my display then it would shut down and of course rinse and repeat. I looked up the blue screen error and someone suggested unplugging the PSU for 5-10 seconds and plug it back in. I did that and my pc continued to do the same thing. So i decided to open things up, I unplugged the psu again, took out a stick of ram, plugged everything back in and my pc booted up just fine and here I am writing this. I really need help with this, I know some things about PCs but I'm no expert.

Specs:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G97-HD3P LGA 1150

PSU: Rosewill ARC-M550, Modular, 80 PLUS Bronze Certified

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K

Graphics Card: PNY GeForce GTX 970

Ram: Klevv Neo 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600

Hard Drive: Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1 TB 7200rpm

Update: I stuck the other ram stick back in and it booted up fine. I just tested my ram and there weren't any problems detected. What next. :/