Blue screen avoid boot of Windows 7

Lilian_2

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hello everyone!

I am a neophyte and I'm not exactly a computer guru.
I have a problem, when I start windows 7 OS after some time
appears a blue screen that it avoid me access and a restart takes place.
Here a snapshot of the blue screen: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=09972894454599191987
I'm able to access in safe mode (in safe mode the pc lost time , in the boot, in the load of classPNP.sys is it normal? )

I have a dual OS and when I load Ubuntu 14.04 I haven't any problem
There is some kind soul who could help me?
I do not know what to do
Thanks in advance
Have a nice Sunday!

ebm9000

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
The glare blocks part of the message, but I'm pretty sure it says to Reset Your Display Driver. What are your system specs? (Specifically your GPU, Processor, motherboard, and version of Windows 7 alongside architecture (32 or 64 bit). This can help me to determine which graphics adapter you may be using/what the OS is TRYING to use; atikmpag.sys is a driver related to ATI/(AMD?) graphics cards.

Lilian_2

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
Hi ebm9000.
Thank you for the reply. Sorry if I did not immediately answer (I was at work)
I followed a tutorial and executed a program (in safe mode) : dm_log
The file result is: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=24022586814557520895

(yes, attempt to reset the display driver below the glare)
The information you are asked:
Processor: Intel Core I3 CPU 3330 2.13 GHz (4)
Ati Mobility Radeon HD 5650
OS : Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045)

is there hope of resurrecting my computer?
Thanks for everything! Greetings
Lilian

ebm9000

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
One of the errors is VIDEO_TDR_ERROR, and the other is CUSTOM_ERROR.

If you're in a game, for example, and the screen suddenly freezes and goes blank, that's because Windows is sending an API call to the GPU to reset itself because the GPU is frozen/has hung. All current operations are completed then the hardware is reset. If it is unable to do so, then the system crashes with the VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (or TIMEOUT) [Timeout Detection and Recovery, per MSDN's KB].

What you can try doing is going back into Safe Mode, going into Device Manager, showing Disabled/Hidden devices (as in Safe Mode, your PC uses the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and would show your Radeon GPU as not connected), and uninstalling and deleting the driver for the Radeon card. What this does is it will force your system to use the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, where you can install a newer version of the driver from the Manufacturer's website. Take note of the date on the driver you remove; you'll want to NOT install that version again.

Seeing that this is most likely an onboard GPU, it will probably use some of the System's RAM to operate. The last thing you can do is run Memtest x86, but most of the time this is caused by the bad driver.

Lilian_2

Prominent
Apr 9, 2017
There is another thing. When you turn on appears a page with the symbol | replicated on the rows and columns (thus in all the page). This could be a sign that the video card is broken? (Another information: how can I see if the video card is integrated or dedicated?)
The GPU is not visible in Safe Mode. You are advising me to uninstall the GPU drivers and then install the newer ones? However BSDOS occurs (all time) only at boot (it never occurred when watching a movie or a game I performed)

ebm9000

Reputable
Jan 22, 2015
those symbols are most likely artifacting (overheating perhaps). In safe mode, you can view hidden/disabled devices, including your gpu and any old hardware you may have removed over the years. By uninstalling the you driver, windows will use a basic display adapter and may not crash.

PS: If you didn't mark my previous reply as the answer, then unmark it please. That might have been me by mistake.