Question Blue screen B1

Daniel_359

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
Hello, I have problem with BS, First time happend when i was playing cs go. then i tried start and pc and everything seemed ok, but after a few minutes BS came out. now its ok, but i think when i turn on csgo on it will come back. I was trying play cs go a few times but it was the same BS or just restart pc. I tried older version of GPU driver, but after playing cs go nothing changed. Can be gpu broken or what's the problem ?

I will upload minidump

BS code D1

Daniel_359

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
you do not have permission to open this file. This is what It did when i was trying to upload minidump.

My specs: NVIDIA geforce gtx 760
CPU: INTEL core i5 - 4690K
motherboard: msi-z97-g43-gaming
RAM: corsair-8gb-kit-ddr3-1600mhz

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I have debugged the dump file attached and you can view the full report here: Dump Report

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8013dc7430, fffff8801200a300, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
GetUlongPtrFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032a0300
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+b7c300 )

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.

Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8013dc7430, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8801200a300, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm
IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys
PROCESS_NAME: System

So the BSOD code is not B1 - it is 116 which is video card related. Some things to consider:
  • As asked previously, what is your exact PSU make and model?
  • Do you have latest GPU drivers installed? If not, remove all of them using DDU, and then reinstall latest drivers.
  • Do you have any overclock or XMP on any component?
  • Have you monitored CPU and GPU temps under load?
  • Do you have latest BIOS installed?

Daniel_359

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
PSU: Corsair 550W
yes i have installed latest drivers. i tried DDU, but after starting game (cs go) same shit happend.I haven't overclocked any component yet. Yes i did check my tempeture on GPU and cpu. I made a top of tempeture to 80 on gpu but it went off to 86-88. latest bios ? idk i haven't checked that so far.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Corsair 550W
What exact model though? Corsair do a multitude of different 550W.

Have you updated your NVIDIA drivers since my last post then? As my report shows it is one from 2 months ago, there have been a few releases since then?

You may want to update BIOS. 88 is high, but not critical, as it can technically go up to 97 degrees.
Does the issue only occur in certain times or applications?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://www.alza.sk/corsair-vs550-d2143913.htm exact model of PSU.

Yes i have update from this month. (431.36-desktop-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql) this is the last one.

how can i update bios? I read its not necessarily. Now seems everything ok. i don't want to try play cs go cause i think only then it will happen.
So the issue seems to have resolved? What exactly have you done / changed? Only way to test is try CS:GO.
I'd also ensure your wifi / ethernet drivers are up to date - along with any other chipset drivers. (Link here, assuming W10 x64 bit)

For the record, the VS series PSUs are notoriously poor quality and I and many others have had many experiences with them where they cause issues, some of them similar to your problem. The VS are very poor quality and budget line, so if the BSOD occur due to TDR failure, it can be caused by insufficient power to the GPU.

Daniel_359

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
I didn't change anything really. everything is like before. im just not playing cs go so far i will try it later and let you know if problem still occur. So you recomend me to buy new PSU ? or how can i test if GPU is right. Cause don't know what to do, when im only wathing series or just chatting on chrome its fine. i will check wifi / ethernet drivers but i think its fine too.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I didn't change anything really. everything is like before. im just not playing cs go so far i will try it later and let you know if problem still occur. So you recomend me to buy new PSU ? or how can i test if GPU is right. Cause don't know what to do, when im only wathing series or just chatting on chrome its fine. i will check wifi / ethernet drivers but i think its fine too.
Are you playing other games with no issue?
Not telling you to upgrade your PSU, but you will probably want to, we've had lots of experiences with the VS causing instability at some point, and also taking out other components in cases where it completely dies. But all it is, is in sufficient power CAN cause TDR video failure.

You can use HWInfo to monitor voltages on your PSU rails. Namely the 12V, 5.5V, and 3.3V. Basically if you can force some testing you can find the MIN and MAX voltages of each rail, big fluctuations will be a sign of a defective PSU.

You can use Furmark to stress test your GPU to see if the issue repeats

If you are only encountering an issue in one particular game, it becomes more difficult to pinpoint.
My understanding is D9 is the latest BIOS - 22/02/2016 BIOS Page Link

It may be worth running memtest to verify your RAM modules integrity, as this can cause TDR Video failures.

Daniel_359

Commendable
Nov 14, 2016
No, Im playing only cs go. no i tried HW tempetures. And gpu usage was only 48% but usage on cpu was 100% on all four cores and normal usage of cpu is 40-60%. and tempetures cpu:61 max, gpu 54 max. So could be problem in cpu ? And in cs go i have drops of fps a lot and lagging. graphic seems good to me.