Blue screen caused by nvlddmkm.sys while changing from basic to aero theme...

The Conjurer

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Ok, so i was troubleshooting why my pc gets warnings everytime i connect my second monitor. So i turned off AERO and i didnt get any warnings so i tried to turn it on again while watching some streams online and i got a blue screen. Could this be caused by switching from basic to AERO?
Hardware:
gtx 760
i5-3570
gigabyte ga p75 d3 rev 1.1 mobo
ram 1600 mhz kingston blu 8gb

ihog

Distinguished
Yes, it could be caused by that, but that would mean something else is amiss, because it shouldn't.

What warnings do you get when you connect your second monitor?

Have you tried uninstalling and doing a clean install of the drivers?

What is the make and model of your PSU? If you don't know, could you post a picture of the following label on the PSU?

outputspecs.jpg

The Conjurer

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Ok my psu is a Thermaltake 730w. And the warnings i get is that my graphics subsystem recources are overultilized. I dont think its the gpu at fault cause i had the exact same issue with my last graphics card (r9 270x) that went bad in the meanwhile. On the upside, i've now tested it and know that if i turn off aero, no warnings are shown in event viewer. Is this normal?
EDIT: I've also changed my psu in the meantime(since i got a new gpu), so i doubt that's it either, unless i have the luck to get 2 faulty psu's in a row.

The Conjurer

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012

Motherboard has not been upgraded and I have done a clean install of the latest graphics drivers, and also a clean install of Windows since i recently got an ssd.

Place this code into a AeroToggle.Bat file and run it. Does it still crash? When doing it through the personalize menu, a lot of stuff happens which can be really slow and it might not actually be the Aero part of it causing the crash.

@echo off
sc interrogate uxsms | find "1062"
if %errorlevel%==0 goto :sc_start
sc stop uxsms
exit

:sc_start
sc start uxsms
exit