Blue Screen Crash 1000007e - I don't know why!

mvasil522

Reputable
Oct 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Could someone with much more expertise than I please help me decipher the root of this blue screen? Let me know if more information is needed and I will provide, I simply don't know what information that would be or I would include it now.

Thanks!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88005F41FC6
BCP3: FFFFF8800276E758
BCP4: FFFFF8800276DFB0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Solution
Bug Check 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
with bcp1= FFFFFFFFC0000005

means a piece of windows code tried to access a invalid memory address.

this would normally indicated that the data stored in memory for the driver has been corrupted. This can happen because of hardware issues
(overclocking, incorrect voltages, incorrect BIOS settings, memory failure)
it can also happen because of 3rd party (non microsoft ) drivers that overwrite their allocated memory space and corrupt the other drivers data in memory.

finding a driver that overwrites another driver's data takes some effort so you want to start with the hardware first and run a
memtest86 on its own boot device. If that passes then you start looking at what...
Bug Check 0x1000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
with bcp1= FFFFFFFFC0000005

means a piece of windows code tried to access a invalid memory address.

this would normally indicated that the data stored in memory for the driver has been corrupted. This can happen because of hardware issues
(overclocking, incorrect voltages, incorrect BIOS settings, memory failure)
it can also happen because of 3rd party (non microsoft ) drivers that overwrite their allocated memory space and corrupt the other drivers data in memory.

finding a driver that overwrites another driver's data takes some effort so you want to start with the hardware first and run a
memtest86 on its own boot device. If that passes then you start looking at what makes windows bugcheck.

you would boot windows, run a malwarebytes scan, then run the system file checker.
start cmd.exe as an admin, then run the command
sfc.exe /scannow

if all of these procedures don't turn up anything, then you want to post your actual memory dump file on a server to be looked at with a windows debugger.
a person can dump the list of drivers and sometimes we just see the same driver causing the same problem over and over and can tell you what it is.

problem is a memory corruption caused by one driver breaks the driver loaded in memory next to it and windows loads the drivers in different orders on each boot to make virus attacks harder to pull off. the effect of this is different drivers get corrupted on each boot and it is hard to tell the real cause.

all else fails you have to run verifier.exe turn on extra checking/debugging and change your memory dump type to a full memory or kernel memory dump
and reboot and wait for the system to bugcheck. if you do this correctly verifier will name the driver that causes the corruption. (maybe)

Solution