Blue screen crash DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY

Jing wei

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015
Hello guys, today my computer crashed (BSOD) twice in a day for the first time since i built it.

The first time it crashed was due to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, the second time was due to ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY.

Can anybody tell me what the problem is? I used this "BlueScreenView" to view the dump files but i don't know what they mean. Thanks!

Edit: Been using this PC for almost a year now

Solution
Avast can cause 2 of these stop errors, the 0xfc and the 0xd1 stop error. I would uninstall it for now then use their removal tool

Then see if it continues to crash

You're also getting a 0x124 stop which can be cpu related. Are you overclocking, since it looks like MSI afterburner is installed?

This stop error can be caused by overclocking, overheating, a faulty cpu core or a faulty cpu. It can also be caused by programs you use for overclocking. Is the latest BIOS on this?
Avast can cause 2 of these stop errors, the 0xfc and the 0xd1 stop error. I would uninstall it for now then use their removal tool

Then see if it continues to crash

You're also getting a 0x124 stop which can be cpu related. Are you overclocking, since it looks like MSI afterburner is installed?

This stop error can be caused by overclocking, overheating, a faulty cpu core or a faulty cpu. It can also be caused by programs you use for overclocking. Is the latest BIOS on this?

Solution

Jing wei

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

Thanks for the quick reply!

I just uninstalled avast anti virus because when i tried to do a system restore it failed and said an antivirus might be preventing windows from restoring. Also i am not overclocking my cpu at all, i am only using MSI afterburner to overclock my gpu, which has been fairly stable and only crashing when i sometimes push the card too hard.

I will see if my computer continues to crash or not and close the thread in 2 days or so if it does not.

I looked a one bugcheck and it was in network code.
You might try to also update your intel network card driver
it is pretty new, but intel is pretty good about providing updates:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1d64x64.sys Fri Mar 14 11:10:25 2014
from here if you use the driver update utility: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

and I would remove the asus probe driver:
\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 02:54:47 2012

this driver is pretty old also, you might remove it or update it if you can:
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 05:26:47 2011

you should also update your BIOS to a current version:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_Z97_MARK_2/HelpDesk_Download/
you can also get updated LAN network drivers from the same location. They are not the most current but they are a year newer than the ones you are currently running and has a fair chance of fixing this particular bugcheck. (drivers directly from intel will be the most up to date)
Note: BIOS release date is too close to the CPU chip release date to ensure that BIOS has proper CPU microcode updates.
BIOS date= 6-17-2014
CPU release in june 2014 (this is a low power chip and requires a BIOS update or the BIOS applies too much voltage)
machine info:
BIOS Version 1202
BIOS Release Date 06/17/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 2
Version Rev 1.xx
Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Processor Voltage 8ch - 1.2V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 3800MHz
Current Speed 3500MHz