[SOLVED] Blue screen due to not monitored PCIx?

RicarBit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hi guys,

About 2 years ago I've build PC for my son with a 9600K in a Z390 Asus ROG, 16 gigs DDR-2400 cooled by a Hyper 212 Turbo. In bios I've just bump frequency to 5.0 and run XMP2 profile, no changes in voltages etc. He mostly play some FPS games and edit videos in Aftereffects and plugins and system is running trouble free since the beginning. CPU temps were never higher then 75ºC.

Few weeks ago he decided to install a M.2 XPG Pro 1 Terabytes I helped him with a fresh Windows 10 64bits installation and maintained the same O/C as before and then his system start crashing mainly when rendering longer videos, as per my knowledge is when the CPU runs hotter, right?

My question is simple: Can the CPU PCIx area not being thermal monitored so the increased data flow thought it caused the blue screen? Because is not thermal throttling?

I've tried to track down the cause in Event Viewer but seams like it's not able to record any data when blue screen. There is no relevant record there. Of course I'm suspicious about the SSD but its kinda a weird situation where it work flawlessly in every situation but CPU's high load.

Any help will be very appreciated

Ricardo

Solution
There must be some kind of a problem with the graphics card.
As it is a very good one,i doubt that video rendering is out of its capacity

Maybe the power load on the card is defective,or the temps

RicarBit

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Return all your settings to default in the BIOS,try that,if that dosen't work,please send me a picture of your PSU

It has being clear CMOS and its running tests this way so far. My son does not live with me so information is not always instantly available but as far as I remember PSu is a Corsair 600W 80+ Bronze and was installed with the fan facing up inside the case. Any issues with that?

May 8, 2020
There must be some kind of a problem with the graphics card.
As it is a very good one,i doubt that video rendering is out of its capacity

Maybe the power load on the card is defective,or the temps

Solution

TRENDING THREADS