Blue screen during installation of Windows 10

TonyH88

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015
I am supposed to deliver my computer in a few hours to the person I sold it to. It took a bit longer than expected because I ran DBAN on my two hard drives.

Anyway, I'm installing Windows right now and got a 'pfn_list_corrupt' during that install. So I did a restart and installed it again (did a quick format before installing). This time it all went through and I'm currently in the 'next' screen.
From what I could find on the Internet, this blue screen is often driver related? Which seems strange because my hard drive (I disconnected the second one) is completely empty because of DBAN. Does this mean anything bad? My computer has always worked fine, I do not want to make someone happy with a faulty computer.

Solution
Windows will always be windows I'm afraid. Sometimes Windows just gets confused and itself into a panic and just puts a blue screen. It may be intermittent, like my ones which are often different ones at random times.

If it hasn't happened again, its probably nothing to worry about.
Alex Kensit

TonyH88

Honorable
Sep 29, 2015

I have made two partitions from my main hard drive of 500gb. I installed Windows on one of them.
I'm currently filling in the account details of the buyer in Windows, no blue screen or any other error yet.
Could such a blue screen be a one time thing?

alexkensit

Respectable
May 14, 2016
Windows will always be windows I'm afraid. Sometimes Windows just gets confused and itself into a panic and just puts a blue screen. It may be intermittent, like my ones which are often different ones at random times.

If it hasn't happened again, its probably nothing to worry about.
Alex Kensit

Solution
It may of been just down to a read error fault of the installation and set up of windows files, depending on if you used a Dvd based disk to install windows 10 from, or a Usb memory stick with a boot able image placed on it of windows 10.

It can often happen more often when using a Dvd based install or setu p disk for windows.
A optical drive read error.

Or a tiny bit of dust or dirt on the disk that has moved, and why it reached a further point in the install when you tried it again.

TRENDING THREADS