[SOLVED] Blue Screen Error and now Im stuck

Jul 7, 2019
Hi, here's what happened as I feel like a full explanation would help.
I was playing a game and then my computer suddenly went to a blue screen, "Your pc ran into a problem we're restarting it for you".
The Laptop restarts and comes with another blue screen before even going to the login screen of windows. This time it doesnt restart and is stuck with an error code 0xc000021a so I decided to do a bit of searching online and found that I should try getting into windows repair or whatever.

So I reboot 3 times to get to it and try the repair function, which doesn't work. It says it can't repair it. No system restore points and I feel anxious so I tried the reset option with the keep my files. After it finishes the reset, it restarts and I end up with the same blue screen error 000021a.

To my surprise, it restarts and is now stuck in the "Preparing" part of booting up as seen in the photo here.
ll9pMTP.jpg

I don't know what else to do, I feel like I might make it worse if I restart it so I'm not doing anything, it's been like this through the night. Hope I could get your thoughts on this. Thank you.

Solution
Your OS is most likely done for.

If you have access to another system, take a USB stick with 8GB size or larger and use it to create a bootable drive with Windows 10 on it (I am assuming you are running Windows 10)

Use the Media Creation Tool to do this
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once the drive is created, boot into it on the dead PC and go to repair options on there and try to recover your PC.

If it doesn't work, then you need to install Windows again.

This can be done two different ways.

The first way is to wipe the drive and install clean, but this deletes all data on the drive.

The second way is to try and recover as much data as possible by installing on top of the current installation...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador

If you have access to another system, take a USB stick with 8GB size or larger and use it to create a bootable drive with Windows 10 on it (I am assuming you are running Windows 10)

Once the drive is created, boot into it on the dead PC and go to repair options on there and try to recover your PC.

The first way is to wipe the drive and install clean, but this deletes all data on the drive.

The second way is to try and recover as much data as possible by installing on top of the current installation under the Custom Install section of the installer without deleting any partitions.

This second method will take everything that it can save and put it into a folder called Windows.old on the root directory of the new install.

Mostly what is kept with this method is any loose files that are on the Desktop and in the Documents/Pictures/Videos/Downloads folders, everything else is scrapped.

Solution
Jul 7, 2019

The second way is to try and recover as much data as possible by installing on top of the current installation under the Custom Install section of the installer without deleting any partitions.

This second method will take everything that it can save and put it into a folder called Windows.old on the root directory of the new install.

Mostly what is kept with this method is any loose files that are on the Desktop and in the Documents/Pictures/Videos/Downloads folders, everything else is scrapped.

Hi, I ended up just wiping the whole drive and re-installing windows 10. Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

TRENDING THREADS