blue screen error of death on dell inspiron 15r n5010

skc12345

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
hello friends i am a new member here, i have a dell inspiron 15r n5010 laptop 3years old, its config is core i3 350 , 3gb ram, ati 5470 1gb graphics and 320 hdd, recently i started having problems of bsod with it , whenever i install the graphic card driver latest ones from dell site or from amd site i get bsod, i have tried everything formatting , installing new windows 7 nothing helped, once when i installed win 7 32 bit and updated it it worked for me the windows antivirus found two trojan viruses and system was stable for about 2 months but after that it started all over again, i gave it to a local dealer he said that the fan ws not working so it was giving error, but he replaced the fan cleaned the vents still i m getting bsod , plz help me with this

this is exactly the problem:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8658D008
BCP2: 82FBE006
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102313-30529-01.dmp
C:\Users\amit\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-64896-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Solution
G
Yes, your problem is being caused by a faulty video card.

The screen test artifacts say it, and the blue screen of death was caused by the video driver crashing.

Blue Screen of Death Error 0x00000116

this crash was caused by your video driver

I would try to find someone who does Xbox RRoD and Laptop repair, since they are caused by the same problem.

You can also try replacing the motherboard with one from ebay, or have your local pc mechanic do it.
G

Update your AV and check for viruses again. Then download Seatools and check your hard drive. After that download Memtest86 and check your ram(1 pass is good, running it overnight is better). If none of that finds any problems, you can try downloading CCleaner to find any registry conflicts, and install an earlier version of the driver, as AMD's drivers are definitly not the best.

skc12345

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
i did scan it with avast but it was unable to find any viruses , and i also did pre boot system test it says all tests fine , march a and b all of them, but only when it asks the vertical and horizontal bars were displlayed y or n, the bars are displayed actually but there is disturbed pixels all around those bars, i will try seattools , ccleaner and memtest86 and let u knw, i have already tried older version of drivers from dell site , no effect of that

skc12345

Honorable
Oct 22, 2013
i am considering its a hardware problem with the gpu, coz temp is not an issue , my laptop remains cool, but since my graphic card is intergrated with motherboard , do u think there is a way to repair it

G

What did you say it did when you performed a video test? That post was a bit unclear.

If your graphics card is causing the problem, which it does happen a lot, you can attempt to reflow it, send it to someone to reflow/reball it, replace the board, or get a new computer.

G

You upload the image to imageshack(google it) and then post the link here.

Don't get too worked up about it, it could be something else.

G

Yes, your problem is being caused by a faulty video card.

The screen test artifacts say it, and the blue screen of death was caused by the video driver crashing.

Blue Screen of Death Error 0x00000116

this crash was caused by your video driver

I would try to find someone who does Xbox RRoD and Laptop repair, since they are caused by the same problem.

You can also try replacing the motherboard with one from ebay, or have your local pc mechanic do it.

Solution

Mig3

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014

I have a question: I have a similar problem and i was afraid a new board would be the solution. But when i install ubuntu on the same laptop it works fine as a matter a fact i am using it right now to post the question. Can you explain to me why on windows i get the blue screen error crash and on ubuntu 12.04 LTS works??? I just want to give a good answer to someone when and if i am asked.

Thank you

TRENDING THREADS