blue screen error

riya144

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
i have a toshiba satelite L500.. For a couple of week when i start window7 it gets a blue screen error...befor it happend some of times but now problem has been stronger. Now it does not get login screen. After start up screen blue screen msg pop-up and laptop gets shut down..i thought something is wrong with my win7, so i tried to reinstall window..but my problem isnt going to solve. With reinstallation i again met that blue screen error and win7 didnt get install.. Satup repair, restore, image recovery etc all have tried but still i am hanging up with this problem.
Please anyone fix it out.. Thanx in advance..

Error msg is:-
A psoblem has been detected and win has been shut down to prevent damage to your comp.. Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop msg, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver update..

Technical info.:
*** stop: 0x0000008E (0xC000000, 0x85975B28, 0x87BAE764, 0x00000000)

*** wimFsf.sys - address 85975B28 base at 85973000, DateStamp 4a5bc0a6

Solution
Most of the time I have seen that stop code was due to bad ram. That would be the first thing I would check make sure your ram is all good. Since you can't get into Windows to do it you would need access to a different rig. Go here http://www.memtest86.com/download.htm . You can get a CD or USB drive image to burn the boot with that and test all of your ram. I bet you have bad ram.
1) If reinstalling Windows doesn't "fix" a problem your always looking at the physical hardware has a problem / is broken, so forget about Windows / Drivers / etc.
2) As this is a laptop that is "no longer available" per Toshiba, is it still under warranty? If HW died / broken you should get it serviced under your warranty / contract with Toshiba
3) As a laptop things are a bit different then desktops, and much more sensitive to conditions. If you never blew out the vents and fans with canned air, they may be all clogged up to the point you would need the service manual to disassemble it (laptops are NOT easy to take apart, and are prone to being damaged if you never did it / don't follow the specific service manual step by step).
4) Can be any component at this point, since you blew Windows away, and depending on the age, you can try using another HDD and see if the problem repeats. If it does then the HDD isn't the problem. Next would be to remove the memory and try with only 1 stick, then try the other stick. It be best to have spare memory that is the same specs (watch timing). Then you would be looking at the Mobo / CPU as the issue if those don't resolve it.
5) if all this is 'way too techie' or complicated then either A) bring it to a service place (Best Buy, Local IT shop, send it to Toshiba) out of pocket, up front your looking at minimum of $149 to just tell you what is wrong with it and not actually fix it. B) Head to Walmart and for $249+ you can get a new laptop. Computers prices have been driven down to make them 'disposable' like cell phones where it is cheaper to get a NEW PC then to repair / parts for one (general purpose).