[SOLVED] Blue screen error

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you look in event viewer and see if it shows anything regarding maybe an error code or something when you tried that install

open system information app
in left hand column, click + next to components
Look in Problem devices
anything here? i expect its probably headset
can also click on software environment and open Windows error reporting
wait for it to fill up and maybe click on type header to sort them. top error is applications crashing, bottom is more windows errors
bottom error is where bsod appear. It might show something there about the headset but its not the easiest area to read,

I used to have a way to get a copy of peoples windows error reporting screen but its results are now seen as a virus by browsers so I can't use it anymore.

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019

Colif

Win 11 Master
i seen that corsair service error before (I have aa H100i RGB Platinum 240mm AIO)
it tracks system resources, so all the stats it shows on the dashboard or just home screen are done by it.
fUuPedj.jpg

Do you use another program to track sensors as it can be a conflict.
I have HWINFO installed and stopped it tracking my AIO on its sensors as randomly my AIO rgb would reset. It doesn't do that anymore.

i think if you turn all the charts off in Icue it may not run program, I am not sure.

Now my only rgb that plays up is the ram, it often uses wrong profile randomly.

I wonder if its signals and constant crashing might be disturbing other things.

Have you updated Icue, your version was from 2020 and latest is now build 4. 18.209. You might need to update from Corsair site as I have heard it won't update through the app (though mine did, so it may depend on version you have)

Last edited:

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Oh yes, i had HWINFO and didnt even remember that i had it installed.
I also downloaded ICUE again from their site and it even fixed an issue i had that when creating custom fan speeds i couldnt change the sensor it was reaction to, by default its the pump fluids (?) temperature and i wanted to change it to CPU temp but couldnt, now its fixed thanks a lot ^^

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/2k0b1wdx/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:011122-9468-01.dmp (Jan 11 2022 - 16:44:37)
Bugcheck:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
Probably caused by:GenuineIntel (Process running at time of crash: steamwebhelper)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 5 Hour(s), 32 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File information:010622-8328-01.dmp (Jan 5 2022 - 19:37:20)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (116)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 31 Min(s), and 14 Sec(s)

File information:010622-12984-01.dmp (Jan 5 2022 - 18:59:36)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 52 Min(s), and 34 Sec(s)
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture. Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.
Can be any hardware
Can be caused by heat
can be caused by Overclocking - I assume you aren't as that won't help error fixing
can be caused by overclocking software - I don't see any
can be caused by hardware drivers.

have you used headphones since?

and 2 TDR error.. again. sigh.

WHEA error could be caused by GPU itself. I can't really tell, I was typing out an answer when Gman replied, and it went along lines of most whea always look the same in dumps, but yours has even less than those. its one line...

CPU: I7-8700K
GPU: Asus GTX 1080 Ti
MOBA: Asus ROG STRIX Z-370F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3000 MHz
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB
HDD: Toshiba P300, 2 tb + 3tb

Can you try GPU in another PC?
Can you take GPU out and run off the CPU graphics and see if you still get WHEA errors.

I see new December 15 Nvidia drivers, did you ever run DDU and run windows update after as I be surprised if Microsoft have latest Nvidia drivers now.
Dec 15 2021nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
Dont have an option to try taking out the gpu and put it in another pc, could take it out and run the cpu graphics but im still waiting for it to appear the second time so im sure its not like a one time appearance.

I overclocked cpu to 4.8 GHz only and changed voltage to like 1.25

And yes i am using the headphones

and the TDR errors are from before i started to uninstall the device manually every time i open the pc (The unknown device in device manager) so its good so far, i sent them too because i was not sure what were those. It said that they were after my message that everything works but in the gman log it looks like theyre from 05.01.2022 so i guess theyre from before that message.

Colif

Win 11 Master
how long you been overclocked?
can you remove it as it can cause errors.

and the TDR errors are from before i started to uninstall the device manually every time i open the pc (The unknown device in device manager)
Is the unknown device your headphones?

I have to sleep for a while (its almost 5am) but I will look in here when i wake up (unless its stormy)

SubukXV

Reputable
Apr 9, 2019
I have it overclocked for idk 2 years already, never caused problems and no overheating problems.
Well the unknown device are my headphones but when i uninstall them nothing happens, they still work but i dont get the crashes.

Sure gn ^^

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/kj3zce02/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:021222-27562-01.dmp (Feb 12 2022 - 09:36:54)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 22 Sec(s)

File information:021122-8812-01.dmp (Feb 11 2022 - 08:33:42)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 04 Min(s), and 24 Sec(s)

File information:021122-8156-01.dmp (Feb 11 2022 - 08:28:22)
Bugcheck:VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR (119)
Probably caused by:dxgmms2.sys (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 29 Sec(s)

File information:021122-8046-01.dmp (Feb 11 2022 - 08:27:06)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 56 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)
Comment: I'm not sure if you ever ran DDU or not. You didn't answer Colif when he asked... If not...
The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.
This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.