smurfik

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Hello, here is my problem:

When I try to run warcraft 3(WoW, NWN2 and some other games works well) it give me a blue screen with this message:

"STOP 0x0000008E(0x0000005, 0xBFA80BF7,0xAC99A85C,0x00000000)

nv4_disp.dll-address BFA80BF7 base at BF9D300, DateStamp 47567AA4

Beggining dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete"

I was asked to make dxdiag file, but when I tried to run "hardware acclerated direct3d 8 interfaces" it gave me the same error with blue screen.

Here are my system informations:

Operating sys: Win XP Professional (5.1, build 2600)
System Model: P5KC
BIOS: BIOS DATE: 12/11/07 16:16:24 Ver: 08.00.12
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
Memory: 2048 MB RAM
Page file: 260MB used, 3679 available
Directx version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB
DAC Type: INtegrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 512 mb
Current Display Mode: 1280x1024 (32 bit) (60hz)

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.6921
DAte: 5.12.2007 01:41:00
WHQL Logo`d: Yes
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
VDD: n/a
DDI VErsion: 9 (or higher)

Thanks for any help.Regards, Tomas

The blue screen OS stop error is memory related. In BIOS, set the memory voltage and timings to the RAM Mfg. specifications. If bumping the voltage up doesn't solve the problem, you may have a defective DIMM. Try loading your game with one DIMM in slot one only. Try each DIMM individually. Run memtest86 and check for errors/bad DIMMs. You don't give specs regarding your system RAM and MB. You might try different RAM if the DIMMs you have will not run properly in your system. Most importantly, increase the voltage to your RAM in BIOS and run memtest86. Try other RAM if you have it.

OP has posted this same question earlier. Someone pointed to a video card driver. The stop error He gave points directly to a memory error as does the OS bluescreening with a Stop error when OP attempts to load software.

My son plays Warcraft a lot. I troubleshoot for his friends and build sometimes for his friends. It pays to do your homework when putting a system together. Then when you get a bad or defective part (RAM) it can be headache. OP is probably sick over his system crashing and doesn't know what to think. Anyway, computers and troubleshooting them are a hobby for me. I think having a lot of spare parts helps.

smurfik

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
well, i had a problem with graphic card, but replace it and memtest worked fine.this issue appeared few days ago only, just week or two ago i was playing the game on the same pc with same system, no changes.still i can play WOW, NWN2, CS or anything, just W3 makes the crash:(

eodeo

Distinguished
May 29, 2007
smurfik, I'm willing to bet that it has nothing to do with memory or it being bad.

I had the exact same problem with my 8800gtx. And the problem is in nvidia driver. I am sure of that. I play DOTA a lot so I basically play wc3 alot. I tried 3 different OSes and this is what i got.

Windows xp 32bit – BSOD after a while in wc3. only workaround I found is to disable both AA and AF from nvidia settings.

Windows xp 64bit – BSOD after a while in wc3. only workaround I found is to disable both AA and AF from nvidia settings.

Windows Vista – surprisingly the worst of all OSes atm, is the only one that ran wc3 fine with all AA and AF to max.

Another curious thing I have found is the “rainbow problem”. Even if the game doesn’t BSOD it would pick a random color and display it over the entire screen- after i played it a while. Sound would continue normaly, but video would be stuck in that color until i restarted the system by force (button).

Weird enough, there was another solution to this and that was riva tuner. I had to “low level override” the fan cooling my 8800gtx from its default to 60%+ as apparently card would rainbow lockout when overheated (by wc3 no less…good thing i didn’t decide to play tetris, i dread to think what disastrous effect would that overly complex game have on my lowly budget card)

eodeo seems to think your video card's RAM is overheating? maybe you have a bad power supply? How do you expect to troubleshoot the problem with no spare parts? Also, several of us have told you to set up your RAM properly in BIOS? Increase the voltage to your RAM and set the timings to specs. Run memtest86. Which RAM do you ahve and what MB? RMA your video card if it's causing you problems.

smurfik

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
i had a problem with overheating, but not now.i have 60% in rivatuner and all the games work well(like WoW, which is much better game-graphic-than w3).this one has nothing to do with overheating...and memtest is good as i said:|