Blue screen errors. Need help!

YouthPcEnthusiast

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016
Hi, I recently started to build a PC, and when I went to install Windows 7, I got a blue screen and it had the error IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal when I had an HDD plugged into the SATA port, and a blue screen with the error Bad_Pool_Header when I had an SSD plugged into the SATA port. I do not know how to fix this error. I tried putting the 8GB RAM stick into each of the 4 slots, nothing. I tried swapping my i5 650 with an i3 550, nothing. I tried taking my GTX 750 TI GPU out and using the integrated graphics, nothing. I tried taking out the battery and having the board reset itself, nothing. I tried using less thermal paste on the CPU, nothing. I tried doing what all these articles are telling me to do, and it doesn't work. I ran out of ideas of what I could do, so I just went here.
Please help, I've been trying to fix this for a few days now!

With most motherboard you buy it will state how much physical ram the four memory slots will take as a total.

It will also state what each memory slot of the motherboard will take in the memory size of each memory module fitted.
You must check what capacity each slot will except in the density of memory.

If the memory you have is stated as XMP memory make sure that XMP mode is enabled in the bios.
For the Sata controler make sure the mode is set to AHCI mode and not SATA mode.
Verify in the bios according to the sticker found on the memory that the frequency is set right, and the memory timing values plus the voltage is correctly set in the bios.

If your memory stick states it is Ecc memory you must enable that option in your bios or the memory will throw errors up on you.

A bad pool header relates to a location in memory.
And is often related to memory that is set up wrong, or can be setup and running at a frequency that is above it`s working specification.
Or the motherboard does not accept the density of the ram module in the slot.
Verify that if using a 8Gb memory stick that the bios is detecting the full 8Gb on a single stick.

Memory can also produce errors when the voltage is low on them.
or not set right to the frequency they are running at.

The faster memory in speed works at the more voltage is required to keep it stable.

YouthPcEnthusiast

Reputable
Apr 29, 2016

The ram I have is this:
http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-Ballistix-PC3-12800-240-Pin-BLS8G3D1609DS1S00/dp/B006YG9E7O/ref=sr_1_1?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1462560159&sr=1-1&keywords=8gb+ddr3+ram
It doesn't say if this RAM is ECC or not. If it is, then I know why I'm getting these blue screens.