Question Blue Screen every ~40mins

Dec 15, 2022
Hey guys, recently Ive been experiencing BSOD every 40mins or so.
Im suspecting it might be my old motherboard or old hard disk. I want to be sure but I don't know how. I opened Event Viewer and this is what I got:

event-Viewer.png

and my hard disks:

hd-D.png

Last edited:
I would turn off the virtual memory (pagefile.sys) on your HDD
(drive d:)

no info on the bugcheck was provided so I can not see if it is related to the drive. Generally, drivers would not be loaded from drive D

provide the minidump file if you want to see why the machine bugchecked.

techsmith uploader service running
(screen recording software)
TechSmith Software, Services, and Apps | TechSmith

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech
Dec 15, 2022
I would turn off the virtual memory (pagefile.sys) on your HDD
(drive d:)

no info on the bugcheck was provided so I can not see if it is related to the drive. Generally, drivers would not be loaded from drive D

provide the minidump file if you want to see why the machine bugchecked.

techsmith uploader service running
(screen recording software)
TechSmith Software, Services, and Apps | TechSmith

Im noob to these things, hoping I provided right files: https://www.mediafire.com/file/eznr1srgkbepeee/dump.rar/file

Colif

Win 11 Master
Drive by conversion - I need the practice

Conversion of dumps

Report - click run as fiddle to read

File: 120822-7265-01.dmp (Dec 8 2022 - 15:33:59)
BugCheck: [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)]
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: PES2021.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 11 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 10 Sec(s)

File: 120122-7765-01.dmp (Dec 2 2022 - 06:59:06)
Probably caused by: dxgmms2.sys (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime: 5 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 21 Min(s), and 16 Sec(s)

File: 112522-16781-01.dmp (Nov 25 2022 - 13:02:05)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime: 7 Day(s), 7 Hour(s), 53 Min(s), and 06 Sec(s)

File: 110822-11531-01.dmp (Nov 8 2022 - 21:29:07)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime: 8 Day(s), 21 Hour(s), 43 Min(s), and 15 Sec(s)

File: 100322-7750-01.dmp (Oct 4 2022 - 00:22:06)
Probably caused by: memory_corruption (Process: backgroundTask)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 02 Min(s), and 28 Sec(s)

Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

is this a laptop? as 2 types of ram normal for them
8192MB1333MHzKingston99U5471-047.A00LF
8192MB1333MHzKingston99U5471-052.A00LF
if its not, how long you used 2 different types of ram

crash 1 is GPU drivers
crash 2 blames DirectX. 99% of time it blames DirectX actual cause is GPU drivers
Jul 22 2022nvlddmkm.sysNvidia Graphics Card driver http://www.nvidia.com/
try running DDU in safe mode, remove drivers, boot into normal mode and update them again

not so sure about other 3. but top 2 are GPU related.

Reactions: StellarNight
Dec 15, 2022
Ive been using same 2x RAM for more than 6years and never had issues with it.
Also this is PC, GTX 1060 6gb, i5 4790, 2x 8gb ram

Lately my fan thats cooling the gpu and cpu, has been acting strangly. When I start the PC, sometimes(not always) it gets too loud as if there was something inside it interfering.
Then I simply put a finger to stop it and it always goes back to silent, as if it weren't nothing wrong with it.

On a side note, I haven't had a single blue screen since I posted this thread lol. Don't know what could be the fix but I remember windows(10) updated in between, so it could be it.

Also, not sure if that matters but I just noticed that the dmp files I sent don't have the dates when it happened 2 days ago(12/15/2022) as u can see at my 1st screenshot.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Also, not sure if that matters but I just noticed that the dmp files I sent don't have the dates when it happened 2 days ago(12/15/2022) as u can see at my 1st screenshot.
i just converted the dumps you gave.
Lately my fan thats cooling the gpu and cpu, has been acting strangly. When I start the PC, sometimes(not always) it gets too loud as if there was something inside it interfering.
Then I simply put a finger to stop it and it always goes back to silent, as if it weren't nothing wrong with it.

fan for CPU & GPU? You mean a front case fan?

It could be you need a new fan, they do wear out. Often they leak as they have fluid inside them to keep the ball bearings moving and not making noises. tapping them is often all it takes to make them go quiet. replacing them is better still.
Ive been using same 2x RAM for more than 6years and never had issues with it.

ram is probably not cause then, just thought I mention it

John may find more in the dumps.

single bit errors in virtual memory. (twice a month)
these could have been caused by errors in dirve d
if your pagefile.sys was on drive d.

looks like a older machine (2016) BIOS.
this type of error is hard to pin down. it could just be a bad spot on your drive where the pagefile.sys was located. You would just turn off the pagefile reboot and turn it back on to create another one.

for a older machine, it can be other things, RAM that worked my show errors as the voltages on the motherboard change over time.

I would blow the dust out of the system if I could.
windows memory system loads a program from the disk, then later it compresses the program in memory and stores it back on disk inside of the pagefile.sys.

you should hope the problem is the pagefile.sys since you can just delete it and make another to dump the problem.
the problem could also be in the cpu (if voltage to certain pins change)
the problem could also be in physical RAM
also the problem can be in the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

generally you would blow the dust out, check the voltages in bios, update the bios and all of the motherboard drivers. then run various tests on your system to confirm it is ok. System is old, failure rate for a mechanical drive accumulates. Current versions of windows does a background repair on the drives so when they start to fail, they fail quickly.
be sure to update the bios and chipset drivers if you can. There were old bugs in the chipset drivers that could cause similar issues to what you have.
(single bit corruptions in pagefile.sys(on all drives) after many sleep/wake cycles )

voltages on motheboards change over time as the electronics age.

single bit errors in virtual memory. (twice a month)
these could have been caused by errors in dirve d
if your pagefile.sys was on drive d.

looks like a older machine (2016) BIOS.
this type of error is hard to pin down. it could just be a bad spot on your drive where the pagefile.sys was located. You would just turn off the pagefile reboot and turn it back on to create another one.

for a older machine, it can be other things, RAM that worked my show errors as the voltages on the motherboard change over time.

I would blow the dust out of the system if I could.
windows memory system loads a program from the disk, then later it compresses the program in memory and stores it back on disk inside of the pagefile.sys.

you should hope the problem is the pagefile.sys since you can just delete it and make another to dump the problem.
the problem could also be in the cpu (if voltage to certain pins change)
the problem could also be in physical RAM
also the problem can be in the chipset drivers for the motherboard.

generally you would blow the dust out, check the voltages in bios, update the bios and all of the motherboard drivers. then run various tests on your system to confirm it is ok. System is old, failure rate for a mechanical drive accumulates. Current versions of windows does a background repair on the drives so when they start to fail, they fail quickly.
be sure to update the bios and chipset drivers if you can. There were old bugs in the chipset drivers that could cause similar issues to what you have.
(single bit corruptions in pagefile.sys(on all drives) after many sleep/wake cycles )

voltages on motheboards change over time as the electronics age.

also, these were old dumps that happened 2 times a month.
you indicated a problem every hour and the dumps do not match your problem.
you should write down the bug check number, often people will get bugcheck 0x124 over and over if a fan stops working or a powersupply starts to fail.
fan can be in the gpu, cpu, power supply or on the motherboard. system runs until it gets hot, then the motherboard protection circuits reset the cpu but no memory dump is produced.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if D drive still in pc, try running this on it: https://www.seagate.com/au/en/support/downloads/seatools/

One reason for no dump files can be if the drive the dump file was to be written too, is the cause. Can hardly write to a drive that has crashed

try running this on Sandisk drive - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=279

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.
Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Don't wish whea errors on them John :)

chipset driver... i hate asus, they removed all the dates off their drivers so how is anyone to know what they have without the driver number
they have Version 11.0.0.1172 and according to Google it was released on 14 June 2016
installed version is newer
Oct 03 2017TeeDriverW8x64.sysIntel Management Engine Interface driver https://downloadcenter.intel.com/
I assume you mean Teedriver. As its only intel driver installed.

otherwise there is a chipset driver here - https://www.asus.com/supportonly/h81m-r/helpdesk_download/

there is a newer BIOS to one you are on. 3602
Page 2-1 shows how to update BIOS = https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/H81M-R/E9548_H81M-R_Manual_web.pdf

Dec 15, 2022
also, these were old dumps that happened 2 times a month.
you indicated a problem every hour and the dumps do not match your problem.
you should write down the bug check number, often people will get bugcheck 0x124 over and over if a fan stops working or a powersupply starts to fail.
fan can be in the gpu, cpu, power supply or on the motherboard. system runs until it gets hot, then the motherboard protection circuits reset the cpu but no memory dump is produced.

Ok this is the last dump I just got BSOD with: minidump.rar
Should be easier to pin point the issue.

bugcheck was the same as the others. single bit corruption in virtual memory.
try the bios update and install the updated drivers.
H81M-R - Support (asus.com)
your version is 601,
3602 was the last version provided.

System Uptime: 2 days 6:41:23.048
MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
virtual address was deleted, structure should have been zero but was
Binary: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00001000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS