Blue screen HELP ME PLZ

Leroy579

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
My computer continuously has blue screens upon attempting to sign in. The error message: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Ci.dll)
I installed a nvidia driver recently and I think it might be the problem but I can't get in at all to try and fix it, it just blue screens. I can't even get bios up without some sort of crash. Its windows 8.1, CPU: AMD a10 6700, gpu: nvidia gtx 760, motherboard is an Asus, 8gb ddr3 ram (don't know the brand), and I don't know the brand of my HDD (1 TB)

Solution
BIOS runs before the OS and thus before any drivers load. Thus, if you're having BIOS issues, I don't think that's your video card drivers causing issues. If you can get into BIOS have it load factory default settings and see if you can get the platform to be stable.

Once you figure out why BIOS is acting up, you can debug the OS and see if your new driver is indeed causing problems.

weilin

Distinguished
BIOS runs before the OS and thus before any drivers load. Thus, if you're having BIOS issues, I don't think that's your video card drivers causing issues. If you can get into BIOS have it load factory default settings and see if you can get the platform to be stable.

Once you figure out why BIOS is acting up, you can debug the OS and see if your new driver is indeed causing problems.

Solution