Blue Screen Horror

Status
Not open for further replies.

felipeorozco200

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I have been having issues regarding blue screens, I'm in no way a computer expert and would like some help figuring out the problem that has been reoccurring with my comp.
The first blue screen I had was due to a corrupt stick of RAM which was fixed after I had practically bought an entire new computer. I bought new ram since then, so on to my current problem. I have had a lot of blue screens since the updated drivers for my video card. I have a AMD DD 7950, I had Dl'd the beta drivers (which for some reason were auto installed) and I have since down graded to the previous version. I'm no longer able to DL or check for driver update through the AMD catalyst, the option in the drop down box has vanished... the actual program (AMD catalyst) has been buggy and showing me blurry text and pictures lately, as well as in game. Below I have copy/pasta'd the crash dump error using a program I DL'd "crash me" there are other errors but this is the main one to come up.
On Sat 3/2/2013 6:47:59 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030113-39062-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x80640)
Bugcheck code: 0x4E (0x8D, 0x1F51FF, 0x510080, 0xFFFFF680002ABE01)
Error: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the page frame number (PFN) list is corrupted.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.
I understand that it says it was due to a faulty RAM but I have just bought them and they are not even two months old. I have Patriot Viper 3 Extreme Performance Black Mamba PV38G160C9K 8GB Memory Module Kit - DDR3, 1600MHz, 240 Pin, XMP 1.3, RoHS Compliant.
Could it be caused by a bad mobo or another source?
CAN ANYONE HELP?

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
most likely caused by your drivers. The message isn't saying it was cause by bad RAM it's saying it was caused by memory corruption and goes on to explain that the corruption more then likely happened due to buggy drivers and is software caused.

Tell us the steps you went through to remove the old drivers (the beta ones) and reinstalled the previous version. Most likely you have left remnants of the buggy drivers that are causing issues.

felipeorozco200

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

I removed the drivers the same way anyone else would, uninstall through add/delete program and reinstalled the new ones from AMD, I looked through my files and did a search of anything that had to do with my video card before I installed the newer version. I will try and do a more thorough job thank you a lot you have been a big help.

felipeorozco200

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

Thank you a lot for the link, I will give this a try, it has been a long and annoying week for me and my comp.
Once again I really appreciate your guy's help.

felipeorozco200

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

Thanks once again, so far I haven't had a single Bs today, normally it would have done it once or twice, but so far all is bueno :3

Status
Not open for further replies.