Blue screen in my new build PC

hopecord

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
hi guys
I got my new PC a week ago. the PC has no OS so installed my windows 7 ultimate.
3 days ago I start seeing the blue screen, I know it is something with the hardware especially the rams.
my mother board is GA-X58A-UD7 for gigabyte and my ram (the three of them) A-DATA Gaming DDR3 1600
I found out that the three rams can't work together without the blue screen shows up.
so I only use one right now without any problems .
the memtest 86 doesn't help a lot because when I do a test sometime it shows errors and sometime not.

the latest thing I found is that the motherboard doesn't support ram 1600 modules ! as it shown on its website
and my rams are 1600 MHz it only support 2200/1333/1066/800 MHz.

any idea what the exact problem and how to fix it? thanks in advance

Solution
Ok, I have had the same problem with a previous build that gave me hell to say the least. I had bluescreen after eachother. and the funny thing is it started 2 weeks after i built it, in that time it ran fine and started giving hassles.

What I recommend you do is:
1. Check the motherboards website for CPU and Memory Compatiblity.
2. Update your BIOS to the newest on the website for that board
3. Then flash the BIOS using the Jumpers on the board and load default BIOS values (check users manual)
4. After the flash, go in the BIOS select boot devices, nothing else tweaked

Check and see if this resolved the issue, if not try this:

1. check the memory's webpage out and see what the operational voltages and timings are (CAS, TRAS etc)

dur_trix

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Ok, I have had the same problem with a previous build that gave me hell to say the least. I had bluescreen after eachother. and the funny thing is it started 2 weeks after i built it, in that time it ran fine and started giving hassles.

What I recommend you do is:
1. Check the motherboards website for CPU and Memory Compatiblity.
2. Update your BIOS to the newest on the website for that board
3. Then flash the BIOS using the Jumpers on the board and load default BIOS values (check users manual)
4. After the flash, go in the BIOS select boot devices, nothing else tweaked

Check and see if this resolved the issue, if not try this:

1. check the memory's webpage out and see what the operational voltages and timings are (CAS, TRAS etc)
2. restart your PC and enter the timings and voltages manually in the BIOS

Check and see if the issue was resolved, if not try this:

1. remove one memory module and try another slot on the board
2. reflash the BIOS using the jumpers again
3. load the BIOS default values, and only stipulate boot devices, nothing else tweaked

Check and see if this resolves the issue, if not try this:

1. remove the current memory module and use the other one, in a different slot.
2. repeat the BIOS Flash with jumpers, and default values.

Check and see if this resolves the issue, if not try this:

1. Go to Computer Management, in the event logs, both system and application look for errors, they will give a good indication on whats wrong.

My guess is that it can be a defective Motherboard, or memory module / s. Or even power supply. In my case the power supply was the culprit. I resolved my issue using event viewer......

Solution

hopecord

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010
well my BIOS is already updated to the latest one.
and for dur_trix: I'll try your ways one by one then I'll let you know what gonna happen.

Apache_lives: mine is overclocked and my psu is 850 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: W0319RU

dur_trix

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009

Ok man goodluck, its gona take time but I'm sure you get a solution from one of those steps...

Keep me posted, and ill try to help as far as i can... :)

hopecord

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2010

well, that's the one. that way fix the problem 100% while the funny thing that I didn't use it at the beginning.
thanks so much for your help. it feels great no more blue damn screen :p

dur_trix

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
Glad I could share my knowledge, and could help someone. Just glad yours got fixed so early in the trouble shooting phase.

My problem only stopped after the whole list, realizing the PSU i used in the problem machine was the culprit.

WD! and enjoy your machine....

all the best, DuR_TriX out!