Question Blue screen in windows 10 help

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
I'm having difficulties after getting a blue screen so earlier i had installed a new HDD then started my pc it was an unusual occurrence for it to turn on fan spinning led on then suddenly it turned off so tried to turn it on again then blue screen waited for it to be completed it loaded in blue screen and bios loading screen then after that i remove my HDD and unplugged and replugged my ram gpu and some cables turned it on again then it showed me to restore a point i cancelled it then it also showed that automatic repair didn't work so i shut it down again and it worked in a weird way my windows spotlight is not working startup after login is so slow then my taskbar is unresponsive and has no icons when i click it it Flicker or flash a black screen for a moment and the mouse courser has an unending mouse loading circle also when i open an app it sometimes hang like google etc. i waited it out for a few minutes and the task bar works normally i don't know why tried to turn it off and on again multiple times but the and the problem still persist also stumbled upon my bios Doing a disk checking when i turned my pc on and off one time I'm really lost i don't know what to do when this stuff happen and i usually just dig the internet but any help would be appreciated really.

What? I've already seen several people say they have no clue what that rambling post was trying to say and I have to say, I agree. Can you maybe explain things a little more slowly, and clearly, and like, use paragraphs to emphasize certain points rather than just a giant run on sentence?

Also, we are going to need to know your full hardware specs or pre-built/laptop system model and sub-model.

Reactions: CountMike

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
So started pc after I installed a new HDD then bluescreen waited for it to finish then turned it on then it showed me whether to restore a point or not so I choose not to then started the computer then it started badly slow at starting after login and my taskbar is unresponsive can't do anything it when I click on the taskbar it flickers or flash and my mouse has a nonending loading circle when I hover on it but the taskbar gets responsive after some time tried turning on and off PC but the problem is still there.

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AlYYUo8wN1TxgZUx3-N9xgjvrOfMog?e=Zh4bkg
Also copy of my hardware specs in one drive

Ok, so to start with I'm not inclined to sort through that specs dump. Please list as follows:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Memory kit:
Power supply:
Graphics card:
Storage devices:

What was the new HDD for? Was this for Windows or as a secondary drive for backups, games, etc.?

Please also list what type each drive is and what it's use case is?

Has a CLEAN install of Windows EVER been done on this system, or is it a system that was upgraded from a previous version of Windows, OR has gone through several major spring and fall updates?

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
Ok, so to start with I'm not inclined to sort through that specs dump. Please list as follows:

CPU:
Motherboard:
Memory kit:
Power supply:
Graphics card:
Storage devices:

What was the new HDD for? Was this for Windows or as a secondary drive for backups, games, etc.?

Please also list what type each drive is and what it's use case is?

Has a CLEAN install of Windows EVER been done on this system, or is it a system that was upgraded from a previous version of Windows, OR has gone through several major spring and fall updates?
CPU: I5-8600K
Motherboard: Z370 TOMAHAWK
Memory kit: G.skill 16GB 2400 (2x8)
Power supply: Corsair cm 650 watts
Graphics card:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage devices: 2x Samsung Nvme SSD 970 EVO Plus 1tb
1tb HDD WDC

The HDD wag going to be used as a second storage

I currently have a latest update is called (KB5017858) installed at the same day i had a bluescreen

Currently my taskbar is unresponsive my apps are randomly hanging and my star up is slow already did a Dism Sfc chkdsk and uninstalled reinstalled the update but the issue still persists

Colif

Win 11 Master
in case you bsod again
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

might want to run diagnostics and smart on the 2 Nvme - install Magician - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/
you could also use the Samsung Nvme drivers that are on same page
Try running this on the hdd - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=279

Currently my taskbar is unresponsive my apps are randomly hanging and my star up is slow already did a Dism Sfc chkdsk and uninstalled reinstalled the update but the problem is still there
try turning off PC & unplugging new hdd and see if its still the same

Looks like you have the original BIOS release too. It would be a VERY good idea to update your BIOS to the latest stable version, which is one version back from the most recent version on your motherboard product page since that latest one is a Beta version.

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
in case you bsod again
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .
might want to run diagnostics and smart on the 2 Nvme - install Magician - https://semiconductor.samsung.com/consumer-storage/support/tools/
you could also use the Samsung Nvme drivers that are on same page
Try running this on the hdd - https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=279

try turning off PC & unplugging new hdd and see if its still the same
Well unplugging HDD didn't change anything and i haven't encountered blue screen for now i have tried to uninstall my latest updates run a sfc/scannow but it didn't fix anything tried Dism restorehealth and it had an 0x800f081f error I also tried to do it in safe mode and my taskbar works fine there so currently I'm trying to do a clean boot maybe ill figure something out.

Last edited:

Gamer_extreme_111

Commendable
Jul 14, 2020
Looks like you have the original BIOS release too. It would be a VERY good idea to update your BIOS to the latest stable version, which is one version back from the most recent version on your motherboard product page since that latest one is a Beta version.
I already have the stable one 7B47v1A and i figure it may not be the cause of my problems the one i can think of though is maybe my new HDD and SSD is conflicting or maybe my update affected my pc but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

TRENDING THREADS