Blue Screen issue on HP Pavilion G6

riki_1

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Hi everybody,

I was working on my PC and suddenly I felt like the laptop got overheated it got restarted. I turn it on again and while it was booting up right after the loading screen my computer crashed and the BSOD error popped up for abuth 20seconds and it rebooted itself again. After reading several forums and all, I started my computer on Safe Mode and went to Device manager and uninstalled the display drivers. Now, windows automatically installed the missing display drivers and at this point I thought all will be fine now. But I was wrong, as soon as windows installs the missing display drivers and I restart the machine I start getting the same blue screen. So I formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows completely but no luck I still get the BSOD. Any suggestion how to fix this now ?

my operating system: windows 7 64-bit
my computer: hp pavilion g6-2010sm
BSOD picture: https://i.imgsafe.org/e07cf1af08.jpg

Solution
that is a very old version of a graphic driver you have installed.
atikmpag.sys datestamp = 4f5473d7 = Mon Mar 05 00:05:43 2012

I would be doing updates to the BIOS and motherboard drivers as well as downloading the current video driver.

the bugcheck error 116 indicates the driver did not respond within its timeout.
(common for old drivers, conflicts with motherboard audio drivers, BIOS bugs, overclocking, overheating problems. fans that stop working, power supply that stop producing proper power)
sometimes you can blow out the dust from the fans and make sure they are spinning.
that is a very old version of a graphic driver you have installed.
atikmpag.sys datestamp = 4f5473d7 = Mon Mar 05 00:05:43 2012

I would be doing updates to the BIOS and motherboard drivers as well as downloading the current video driver.

the bugcheck error 116 indicates the driver did not respond within its timeout.
(common for old drivers, conflicts with motherboard audio drivers, BIOS bugs, overclocking, overheating problems. fans that stop working, power supply that stop producing proper power)
sometimes you can blow out the dust from the fans and make sure they are spinning.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS