[SOLVED] Blue screen issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2018
Hello i have this problem since i built my new pc from 2 weeks ago, The problem is that when i try to install games be it from steam to repacks from a site known as fitgirl my pc at some point in the installation my pc will freeze and show a blue screen with the message "Critical Process Died" i have searched everywhere to fix this problem i have reinstalled windows four times updated all drivers even updated the bios, Oh yeah the problem even happens when i extract an ISO file, My Specs Are the following:
Cpu: Amd Ryzen 5 2600
Gpu: Asrock Rx 580
Ram: G.SKILL FORTIS 16GB (8x2)
SSD: Silicon Power Slim S55 2.5" 480GB
MB: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
Thanks for reading.

Solution
Given the "fitgirl repacks" are not legitimate sources of games, we cannot assist here.
Nobody knows whether the repacks are safe, or have been injected with malicious code etc.

Start with a clean install and I would suspect you'll be find with Steam downloads/installs. Stay away from illegitimate sources.

If it's not malware etc, given it's a Ryzen build I'd start with your RAM. Run MemTest, ensure your RAM is stable. Remove XMP/DOCP settings etc.

Given the fitgirl mention though, that's as far as we're going to go here.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Given the "fitgirl repacks" are not legitimate sources of games, we cannot assist here.
Nobody knows whether the repacks are safe, or have been injected with malicious code etc.

Start with a clean install and I would suspect you'll be find with Steam downloads/installs. Stay away from illegitimate sources.

If it's not malware etc, given it's a Ryzen build I'd start with your RAM. Run MemTest, ensure your RAM is stable. Remove XMP/DOCP settings etc.

Given the fitgirl mention though, that's as far as we're going to go here.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS