Blue Screen Issues (Especially During Gaming)

ClassyCoder

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
So uh, recently, my computer decided to explode.

It all began after a mandatory windows 10 update (Curse you microsoft!), when my computer began encountering issues. It started with blue screens when playing games, seemingly relted to graphical intensity. This got worse over the next day or 2, and I believe even windows got corrupt (probably as a result of forced resets during startup (I had to once or twice when for no reason it froze on the very first thing you see when you power on).
The result was automatic startup repair after the 2nd iteration of a startup bluescreen cycle, and since then things have improved. Ive gotten a wide variety of bluescreens. They began with
Driver_IRQL_not_less_than_or_equal, pointing to drivers like netio.sys
these only showed up once or twice. Later on I got a bluescreen without doing anything (kmode exception something).

Most recently ive gotten system service exception.
I ran driver verifier (as most of these pointed to driver related conflicts.
I did malware scans (pretty much clean), uninstalled norton and malwarebytes, cleaned registry (CCleaner), and more. Driver verifier actually caused some issues with it finding an iomanager exception in HIDCLASS.sys, but after disabling verifier the problem ended. sfc/scannow was performed multiple times throughout all of this, came back clean.
Core temp logs and gpu observation can confirm this is not overheating related.
I DDU'd graphics drivers but to no avail (fully updated to latest FYI)

I ran CHKDISK which hung at 11%. forcing me to reset after over 24 hours at 11%.
My computer runs fine now but there are issues when i try to play a relatively graphically-demanding game. Most of these blue screens occurred as a result of graphically demanding games. I can confirm this and did so by playing rocket league on ultra low setting, and ramping up over time. Within 5 minutes or so of high settings, i would either freeze (NO BSOD OR DUMP FILES), spontaneously shut off (NO BSOD OR DUMP (set to minidumps btw)), or blue screen, at which point i got System_Service_Exception and most recently ATTEMPTED EXECUTE OF NOEXECUTE MEMORY.

ANY AND ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED WITH THE GREATEST RESPECT AND GRATITUDE. THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE FYI! Sorry for caps but seemed important.

Also, I can provide any and all dump files. I should also note that that driver verifier error related to HIDCLASS.sys has been fixed with the replacement of mouse and keyboard (or so it would seem).

I plan to scan PC with windows defender now, and maybe continue to search for the faulty driver(s) as these seem key to the problem.

One may wish to note that y computer is more than capable of running the mentioned games at cool temperatures, as I have a 980TISC as well as a good 6 core which is liquid-cooled.

ClassyCoder

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Ok so I switched out my 980ti with my 770 and had 0 crashes. PSU related is ruled out because there is only a 20 watt difference. Therefore something's wrong with my 980ti?? What do I do?! Should i return and get a new one?

ClassyCoder

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Interesting note: Both drivers for the 980TI as well as the 770 which i recently DDU'd and then installed say "failed to install" in the windows update history. Is it possible that this is just a driver issue?