Blue Screen, Need Some Assistance (Not Sure Whats Casued it)

The Tipsy Joker

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Hello Everyone

Recently my PC was running smooth with no problems at all for years, until about an hour ago when she blue screened (a rare occurrence with this system). I cleaned up the PC using a paintbrush over the graphics card and sensitive areas, i did use a vacuum with a plastic nozzle for the heat sink (dust was out of reach of brush) did it knock something up? Because after the reboot the screen has all these white lines through it and has a locked resolution of 800x600 (1980x1080 usually) and seems that the graphics card is not being picked up either.

Im not to technically advanced when it comes to errors like these, so i need some help :).

The Tipsy Joker

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Sorry for the late reply I had work, it seems to be still doing it even after I made sure it was secured. The screen still appears like this
n3olyb5h.jpg

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if the card is in correctly and all you did was blow out the dust bunnies then i have no idea what might be causing this.

i personally would start taking it apart and then put it back together piece by piece to be sure nothing is loose or messed up. it's about all you can do since it has to be hardware related in one way or another. sorry but that is all i can think to do in this case.