Blue Screen of Death after computer went to sleep - Missing SSD Drive

Adam187a

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
I recently just finished putting a computer together, the SSD and HDD were transferred over along with the data from my old computer.

The PC specs were
G4560
GTX 950
8GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory
Cooler Master Extreme Power Plus 460w

And the OCZ Petrol SSD contained the Windows 7 operating system whilst the 2TB WD drive was used for storing data.

This morning I transferred the storage devices into a system with these specs:

i5-6500
GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory
Evga 500B PSU

The computer was working fine up until just 10 minutes ago, it fell asleep. Went into sleep mode, I had my phone plugged in to act as a Wi-Fi adapter for the time being, and an ordinary mouse and keyboard. I turned it on seconds after it went to sleep, (it just so happened to enter sleep mode as I returned to my room) but instead of booting up, it displayed the BOSD. Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error. After it rebooted it took me straight into the BIOS to show me that the SSD is completely gone.

I'm not to sure as to what happened hence why I have turned to a group of experts. Has my SSD died?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Putting your old system drive straight into a new system is not recommended Adam. You need to sysprep the boot drive, or reinstall windows. If you go for a full reinstall, don't forget to unhook all drives except the system / boot drive, so windows doesn't put the bootloader on another drive.
Putting your old system drive straight into a new system is not recommended Adam. You need to sysprep the boot drive, or reinstall windows. If you go for a full reinstall, don't forget to unhook all drives except the system / boot drive, so windows doesn't put the bootloader on another drive.

Solution

Adam187a

Reputable
Jan 21, 2016
Thanks for the answer, did not know that at all. I just used it as usual and it was fine, recently just installed Windows on a bigger SSD and haven't ran into any issues since then.

TRENDING THREADS