Question Blue screen of death after downloading a torrent

Sep 24, 2019
Hi, a few days ago I downloaded a program via utorrent but I suspended the installation for fear it was a malware, from then on every now and then my computer occasionally makes the blue screen of death and restarts

I tried to do an advanced scan with windows defender but found nothing, could it be a virus? Is it something that can do permanent damage to my pc? Could it be fixed?

Colif

Win 11 Master
which version of windows?

if you still getting bsod,
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

copy that file to documents

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Reactions: maikutech
Make a Memtest86 USB flash drive, boot from it, see if you can loop on the test a few hours with no errors...

Your issues could be unrelated.

If malware/botched OS-related, a quick restore from backup or full quick format/reinstall should have you in 'non-blue screen' status quickly...

If your system boots fine, do you have a restore pint from before the attempted/aborted installation of bogus crap?