Blue screen of death cant get out of the loop

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Hello so to start off with what i dic before this happend. I was trying to open my razrer gameing software and it would just never open so i deleteed it then redowbloaded it it asked me to restart the pc so i did thrn now am geting blue screens evertime. I turn my pc on saying critical process died it cant be hardware because this happend after i redownloaded game software i cant get into boot mode but i can get into admin command prompt. I have tired calling Microsoft one person hung up the phone after i told her ik its not hardware i just updated something and now am geting this error. The next rep told me to clean install windows.

I have fixed a blue screen befor useing sfc scannow plus some other command i just forgot what it was it was restore something. But when i run sfc scan now it says windows reaoyrce protechtion could not perform that request

Update i also tired useing the health comm to repair sfc and i aso cant get in to boot mood

xtnt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
I am guessing you cannot log in at all, and are accessing the command prompt from a recovery disc or recovery usb stick? You probably can not 'perform the request' with scannow as you need administrative permission.

If safe mode will not work then the troubleshoot options should also give you the option to repair ('refresh or reset your PC') which may fix your problem. You should get the option to keep your documents but you may have to install all of your old programs again.

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

After the blue screen it give me troubleshoot options as an administrator command prompt reset disable drivers or going to boot mode or safe mode

xtnt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
If you choose to reset the pc (keeping your documents), what happens next?
System restore might be an advanced option, but is probably not a good idea if your system will not boot as you could risk losing your files.

If the razor software relates to gaming hardware such as a graphics card, keyboard, gamepad or mouse, you could try removing it before switching your computer on, to see if you can get past the blue screen. If nothing works, you may have to back up all of your documents by connecting another computer such as a laptop to your pc.

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Cant get passed the blue screen i just did a clean install with a disc

xtnt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
I couldn't get back to you as I was only on a phone earlier, and fell asleep :) I hope you didn't lose much. I back my documents up to an external hard drive. Make sure you create a recovery disc in windows if you don't have one, and set up frequent restore points. If you don't have one you could also put your documents on sd card, or if you don't have much, even dvd temporarily.

Windows 10 is still not very stable with some hardware and software, so I would probably not be installing what you had before (razor software?) if it could give you similar problems in future. What security software do you have installed? At the moment I have had problems with Avast antivirus free and Comodo free firewall in 10. They have caused errors for me (explorer and start button problems) in 10. A lot of people have had the critical error problem as I search online and on youtube.

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Yea i losted everthing i had pictures videos saved game data and a week of my life lol am just should i go back to 10 because it got a new big update or just stay windows 7

xtnt

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2013
A free file recovery tool such as 'recuva' (installed to an sd card) might not recover any old files if you have reinstalled your old operating system. There might be other tools that can recover old files from previous installations, but they tend to be expensive.

If your system is supported but you are having problems with software you want to use, then I would just stick to 7 for now, and wait until your time of being allowed to install 10 is almost over before updating. I think microsoft gives you a year to update. By then, it should be more stable. If you do not need windows apps, cortana voice search, or virtual desktops then or you are not missing much. Many people do not use these features.

When you install an operating system so early in it's release, you end up being a tester for microsoft, reporting all the bugs back to them as they find out what software you have does not work, and why. If you do install 10 again, then back your documents and saved files up regularly, and before you install any software, make sure the developer states it is windows 10 compatible.

Hello,

I reckon this message is too late. Next time, don't try to reset or install a new OS for this issue. If you can disable signature and boot or use a boot CD such as the Hiren's or something alike, you can transfer data and then do a clean install if required.

Razor is compatible with Windows 10 in my PC. I would recommend Windows 10, just disable the updates before its starts checking the update. If you can use the resource monitor, you can always end the process related to system update. Eventually it does not update unless the next time you open the windows update window. Download the latest drivers for the version of Windows 10, then install without the internet connected. Install the already downloaded drivers, customize all the settings that you want and then install Razor. It works flawlessly. At least with my system.

There are so many softwares to recover the data, like the Recuva as mentioned by '
xtnt' or Recover My Files and so on, . But if the files are already overwritten, then it would be hard to get them back unless there is low level recovering involved which most softwares does not have.

Cheers.

Soul slayero

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015

Ill check it out tys