Blue Screen of Death driving me insane

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS
Processor Intel i5-3570k CPU A3.40GHz
Ram 16GB
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
Power supply - TR2 TR-700 700W ATX 12V

SSD - Patriot Torqx 2 128GB ATA Device
pt 2128 gs 25 ssd /ge29a1220

HDD- WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device 465GB

No Anti Virus installed atm.

I have a problem with blue screen of death ever since I installed my new SDD.

1st time)
Clean install with windows 7 home premium with all the updates and everything all on my SSD and 1 game (without HDD). Blue Screen of death occurred. Thought it was a bad SSD and they sent a new one.

In the mean time I put my HDD back in and had no problems.

2nd time) (currently)
New SSD arrive. Decided to just install the OS and put everything else on the HDD (now they are both on). Got blue screen. Looked on their website and found my SSD had a firmware update so I installed it from this http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/getDriversp.jsp . Still got blue screen. Thought it might be because I couldn't install things on my HDD by default so I did a junction.exe hoping it would not use the SSD so much. still blue screen.

----------Here is the blue screen report from windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA830AC2EB48
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF8000309173B
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-7269-01.dmp
C:\Users\Family Comp\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16255-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-------Here is the problem from WhoCrashed that i found through looking in forums about bluescreen.

System Information (local)
computer name: JOHN-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: MS-7751, MSI, Z77 MPower (MS-7751)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17122021376 total
Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 7/28/2014 4:52:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-7269-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830AC2EB48, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000309173B, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 7/28/2014 4:52:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830AC2EB48, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000309173B, 0x5)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/24/2014 10:56:02 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072414-8486-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA83033D399B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030B48B5, 0x5)

On Wed 7/23/2014 8:17:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072314-7113-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830559357B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000306F7AF, 0x5)

On Sun 7/20/2014 11:48:36 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072014-14866-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830B211D6B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030B58B5, 0x5)

On Sat 7/19/2014 8:48:41 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071914-14726-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830A6A3C68, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800031FD3E0, 0x5)

Conclusion
6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Solution
For starters your power supply is on the Tom's list of PSU's to immediately replace due to quality and likelihood of failure. You should check this thread and look down at tier 5: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html
You may be getting poor or compromised voltage to the RAM through the board. Just a possibility but as SR-71 Blackbird informed me a while back it's:
Very very very likely.

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed at the above link, on a higher tier, for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

A-TOP Technology
Apevia
APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Aspire(Turbo Case)
ATADC
Athena Power
ATRIX
Broadway Com Corp
Coolmax
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower...

matrox1epox

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
I have read this thread because I have had 2 blue screens.
I have a laptop and it has been working fine for 2 years until I 2 weeks ago change my HDD to an SSD.
The first blue screen came the second day and the next today.
To me it seems like the SSD is the problem.:??:

matrox1epox

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
Sorry, it’s my first time here and I’m not familiar to how it work’s.
I just googled my problem with blue screen and a minidump and I landed on this site.
And reading about it I realized that the problem started with the change from an HHD to an SSD and I just shared my thoughts here in this forum.
Other forums that I have visit I can ask a question and get answers from anyone who feels like they can contribute but I have to confess that I don’t know how it works here.
I had no clue whatsoever that I was hijacking and I apologize for that but I see no reason to start a new thread since I obviously got this place all wrong.

It's like this, trying to solve your problem and the orginal problem on one thread is too confusing for EVERYBODY involved, so you should start your own thread and list your own hardware, your current issues and what you have tried already. Especially since this thread has not even been positively resolved yet.

To the OP, have you resolved the issue yet?

matrox1epox

Reputable
Oct 8, 2014
I'm sorry I didn't make my self clear. I wasn’t trying to solve my own problem with my reply.
My problems were solved when I read this thread and put two and two together.:wahoo:

Tagster asked for help July 28 and since it’s still unsolved I was just trying to be a nice guy by giving some input.

You, i7baby & darkbreeze, really have to chill out and take the time to read properly before you bite anyone’s head of.:pfff:

If this isn’t a forum where anyone can chip in to help, I will not ask for help here.:no:

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

I have not, still get blue screen from time to time but I have press the button "OC Genie II" on my mother board as told to and it appears a lot less. So until i can afford decent pc specs and tecs i have this button lol..

"OC Genie II provides an instant performance boost, optimizing CPU, memory, integrated graphics, and storage device performance with the function enabled.
"Benefits:
- Overclock in one second
- At least 36% boost in 3D gaming performance
- Simple and easy – No need for complex BIOS setting and extra equipment
*Features may vary according to your platform and model."

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

The problem seemed to be the PSU, sorry it took so long for this. The ssd was not the problem. after i replaced my power supply everything was good no more crashes. Thank you again!