Processor Intel i5-3570k CPU A3.40GHz
Ram 16GB
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
Power supply - TR2 TR-700 700W ATX 12V

SSD - Patriot Torqx 2 128GB ATA Device
pt 2128 gs 25 ssd /ge29a1220

HDD- WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0 ATA Device 465GB

No Anti Virus installed atm.

I have a problem with blue screen of death ever since I installed my new SDD.

1st time)
Clean install with windows 7 home premium with all the updates and everything all on my SSD and 1 game (without HDD). Blue Screen of death occurred. Thought it was a bad SSD and they sent a new one.

In the mean time I put my HDD back in and had no problems.

2nd time) (currently)
New SSD arrive. Decided to just install the OS and put everything else on the HDD (now they are both on). Got blue screen. Looked on their website and found my SSD had a firmware update so I installed it from this http://www.patriotmemory.com/support/getDriversp.jsp . Still got blue screen. Thought it might be because I couldn't install things on my HDD by default so I did a junction.exe hoping it would not use the SSD so much. still blue screen.

----------Here is the blue screen report from windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 50
BCP1: FFFFFA830AC2EB48
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF8000309173B
BCP4: 0000000000000005
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-7269-01.dmp
C:\Users\Family Comp\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16255-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

-------Here is the problem from WhoCrashed that i found through looking in forums about bluescreen.

System Information (local)
computer name: JOHN-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: MS-7751, MSI, Z77 MPower (MS-7751)
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 17122021376 total
Crash Dump Analysis
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 7/28/2014 4:52:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072714-7269-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830AC2EB48, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000309173B, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 7/28/2014 4:52:41 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830AC2EB48, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000309173B, 0x5)
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 7/24/2014 10:56:02 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072414-8486-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA83033D399B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030B48B5, 0x5)

On Wed 7/23/2014 8:17:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072314-7113-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830559357B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000306F7AF, 0x5)

On Sun 7/20/2014 11:48:36 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072014-14866-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830B211D6B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800030B58B5, 0x5)

On Sat 7/19/2014 8:48:41 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\071914-14726-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830A6A3C68, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800031FD3E0, 0x5)

Conclusion
6 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Solution
For starters your power supply is on the Tom's list of PSU's to immediately replace due to quality and likelihood of failure. You should check this thread and look down at tier 5: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html
You may be getting poor or compromised voltage to the RAM through the board. Just a possibility but as SR-71 Blackbird informed me a while back it's:
Very very very likely.

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed at the above link, on a higher tier, for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

A-TOP Technology
Apevia
APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Aspire(Turbo Case)
ATADC
Athena Power
ATRIX
Broadway Com Corp
Coolmax
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower...
You didn't list your power supply.

I don't know what "New SSD arrive from what I thought was a defaulty one. " means.

All the BSoD are -
"was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830A6A3C68, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800031FD3E0, 0x5)"

have you googled this yet?

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Thank you for the quick response.
Power supply is TR2 TR-700 700W ATX 12V

When I say "New SSD arrived" after i called customer support, that is when I sent the Patriot Torqx 2 SSD back because I thought it might have been defective because I was getting a bluescreen and it never happened before. They sent me a replacement of the same product.

I have not googled it yet, I will now to see if i can find anything.

For starters your power supply is on the Tom's list of PSU's to immediately replace due to quality and likelihood of failure. You should check this thread and look down at tier 5: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html
You may be getting poor or compromised voltage to the RAM through the board. Just a possibility but as SR-71 Blackbird informed me a while back it's:
Very very very likely.

Tier 5 - Other than the units listed at the above link, on a higher tier, for any of these brands, NOT RECOMMENDED. Replace ASAP if you have one.

A-TOP Technology
Apevia
APEX (SUPERCASE/ALLIED)
Aspire(Turbo Case)
ATADC
Athena Power
ATRIX
Broadway Com Corp
Coolmax
Deer
Diablotek
Dynapower USA
Dynex
EagleTech
FOXCONN
FSP Everest
HEC Orion
Hiper Type-R
Huntkey
I-Star Computer Co. Ltd
In Win
JPAC COMPUTER
Just PC
Kingwin Inc.
Linkworld Electronics
Logisys Computer
MGE
MSI
NMEDIAPC
Norwood Micro/ CompUSA
NorthQ
NZXT
Okia
Powmax
Q-Tec
Raidmax
Rocketfish
Rosewill
SFC
Shuttle
Skyhawk
Spire Coolers
Star Micro
STARTECH
Thermaltake Purepower NP
Thermaltake Purepower RU
Thermaltake TR2 (and TR2-RX)
TOPOWER TOP
Ultra X-Connect
Ultra X2 >greater than 700 watt
Ultra LSP
Wintech
XION
YoungYear
Zebronics

Solution

hans_pcguy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2010
Have you tried a different sata cable. A bad cable can cause intermittent problems and they DO GO BAD!!!. If you flex a sata cable wrong it will crack the wire inside and you will get an intermittent problem. I have seen this a couple of times. TRY CHANGING THE CABLE FIRST!!!

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

http://tinypic.com/r/2q9goaq/8

Here it is, how does everything look? do i need to add any other information?

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Well that sucks to know haha but I haven't had any problems with the power supply luckily. When I was only using it for my HDD it was fine. I feel the problem has to rely on the SSD since that's when the problems began with BSoD. I hope thats not the case with mine but thats good to know.

I will take a look at the cables in the morning but they should be fine. ill update.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Well I saw something about maybe it being the graphic drivers. That I should install the updates that windows recommends and not through Nvidia. I uninstalled the drivers (clean) using program https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-4-released-03-01-14-/ and going to test it out. I usually get bluescreen though playing games but I recently got one when i was on chrome watching twitch. So going to play a lil bit and update if anything happenes.

Few things wrong. You need to check double check , but -

1. Your cpu is overclocked and getting too hot (58C) , Drop Vcore by 50mV and check temps again

2. Your power supply is not getting full 12V (11.528). Check in bios/uefi and if the same, replace it.

3. You graphics card is knackered. Voltage OK but at 50% load its at 79C and the memory clock is only running at 950MHz.

Check your settings in Afterburner. See if you can get you memory clock speed back to spec. If not, replace the card

How's your Googling coming along?

All of those items with the exception of your afterburner settings can undoubtedly be caused by problems with the PSU so keep that in the back of your mind if you run out of other options.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Here is the sens on boot up http://tinypic.com/r/icibyu/8 and without anything running (I was playing a game last time). Not sure if anything new but maybe that would explain the temp getting too hot. I had it on most of the day.

I'm not too great with computer settings, how would I drop the Vcore by 50mV.
Looks like the power supply is staying at 11.704V http://tinypic.com/r/k2im1x/8. Do I need to replace it?
Its a pretty old graphics card. I don't have any games that will put a hard time on running any games really. But I would def like to upgrade eventually.
I downloaded an afterburner from msi but not quit sure what to do with it.
Here are some extra pics i saw from an overclock setting in the bios
http://tinypic.com/r/2d6tx0h/8
http://tinypic.com/r/21b3tqb/8

Googling is a pain becuase i cant quite seem to find anyone with the same problem error as myself being
"This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75BC0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830559357B, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8000306F7AF, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"
im looking for the error above ^

On idle, almost identical to previous Sensors readings.

Yes - you do have to replace your power supply. 11.74V is way too low for the 12V reading. For a gtx 460 you need 500W min. Get a power supply from tiers 1, 2a or 2b of http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1804779/power-supply-unit-tier-list.html eg Seasonic 520, XFX 550 or Antec HCG 520M

1.048V is too high for Vcore on idle. Install your motherboard UEFI and lower Vcore in bios or withe UEFI (easier). You haven't said what motherbpoard you have so you'll have to do that your self.

You also have to address the problem with your graphics card on one hand the memory not running at speed but on the other hand it getting too hot. I think it's time to retire the gtx460 and go to a gtx760 - http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-760-vs-GeForce-GTX-460 you'll get twice the graphical power from it.

eg http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121775&cm_re=asusu_gtx_760-_-14-121-775-_-Product

See http://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/geforce-gtx-760-asus-directcu-oc-review,1.html

Are those temperature settings from a cold boot and do you have anything running when you took the screenshots or was it at idle with all programs closed except the HWinfo and whatever you used to get the screenshot? Those core temps seem pretty high for idle settings. I could be wrong but it seems like they should be lower. I'm sure i7 will let you know shortly what he thinks. Did you check the BIOS to see what it says about your voltage. I'd trust that reading way more than what any software monitor says.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Yeah, a cold boot. Nothing running just the HWinfo, snipping tool and paint. Yeah the voltage was 11.704V. I will look into a new power supply from the list you gave me.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

just got anohter blue screen. same one it seems like.
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Tue 7/29/2014 2:10:26 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\072814-11668-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFFA830A6B98F8, 0x0, 0xFFFFF800031BC3E0, 0x5)

The mother board is MSI, MS-7751. What do I lower it to? and what is the UEFI?

I will buy a new power supply and video card asap and update you on the new specs as soon as I get it. Thank you for informing me and helping me this much, I really appreciate the time you are taking out of your day to help someone who isn't that knowledgeable.

Amen to that. It certainly was the cause of a slew of problems I had with a unit I was working on that first brought me to Tom's, and when you recommended it, I replaced it, and all the issues were gone. Which is why I relayed your recommendation in my first post on this thread as soon as I saw he had the same power supply I was dealing with. I imagine a lot of people go through this as TigerDirect pushes those PSU's on everybody in almost all of their bundles. They should be somehow reprimanded for doing this. I recommend a Bit@# slap.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

This is the one I have http://us.msi.com/product/mb/Z77_MPOWER.html#hero-overview
OC genie is turned on. my comp is loading up pretty fast.

Even when I get a new power supply and a new graphics card the problem is when I installed the SSD. It's when I had problems with BSoD. When it was just my HDD I never had any problems, it would never crash or have any bugs. I am confident that if I put my HDD back in on a clean install it will give me no problems. So I was talking to my friend going back and forth since he was the one who help build the comp and he led me to go back to the original problem which was the BSoD when the SSD was installed.

Either maybe trying out a new brand for SSD (instead of patriot) to see if I still get problems OR
maybe even switching the SSD to only operate my games and put everything else back on my HDD. Curently the SSD is for my OS and everything else on my HDD.

Tagster

Reputable
Jul 28, 2014

Yeah your right.. my comp is a mess.. lol
I'm new to Tom's, once I get better power supply and graphics card should I reply back to your post or do I start a new thread? - that is if the problem still exists which I hope it wont but ill worry about the SSD last like you said.
Thank you both so much for all your help again ill make sure to keep you update on when I get the new parts haha