Blue Screen of Death Goes Black for Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
"Of course, Windows 8 should be the most stable of them all whenever it's released"

>_> yeah right just like ME should have been more stable than 98?

anyway every operating system has problems when its first released, i remember XP wasnt that great when it first came out and i stuck with 98 until service pack 1

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
As long as the black screen contains the same information as the blue screen, then it doesn't matter. Only computer idiots hate the BSOD, people who know what they're doing rely on it to figure out what's causing the system failure.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
"In any case, the BSoD will still be a BSoD."
I came here just to post that.. lol
Would be really weird to call it RSoD or something like that.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Windows has a tendency to release a good OS followed by a bad one.

Win 2k > win ME > win xp > vista > 7 > 8?

Granted, 2k and ME were released very close to each other and perhaps for separate markets, they ultimately ended up competing against each other and ME was definitely the worse off.

Any takers on windows 8 being a disappointment or a success?

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]bejabbers[/nom]As long as the black screen contains the same information as the blue screen, then it doesn't matter. Only computer idiots hate the BSOD, people who know what they're doing rely on it to figure out what's causing the system failure.[/citation]

Wow, that has got to be the most condesending thing I have ever read anywhere on any topic. congrats for being possible the world's biggest tech snob.

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Actually being a computer guy - most ALL BSoD's are from hardware problems or 3rd party driver problems - not actually Windows itself. The BSoD is Windows (like it says) preventing any further programming damage.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
why dont they just do something like make the screen even more hated by having blue text on red bg or red on green, anything that strains the eyes

restatement3dofted

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2010
[citation][nom]tical2399[/nom]Wow, that has got to be the most condesending thing I have ever read anywhere on any topic. congrats for being possible the world's biggest tech snob.[/citation]

You must not spend much time on the internet.

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Restatement3dOfTed[/nom]You must not spend much time on the internet.[/citation]

I actually spent too much time on the net, but still I have yet to see that level of ass-hattery on forums even on the uber tech leet linux/android forums.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
Lol. This changes EVERYTHING... Seriously though, does microsoft really want to be advertising that they are updating their infamous error message screen so that it can be used in their newest system? That doesn't seem like something though you'd go advertising...

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I can't remember the last time I saw a BSoD. It's been at least 6 or 7 years I think. I just assumed that Windows 7 didn't have one. Mind you, I don't run beta drivers or any really obscure hardware.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
You know, I don't care much for crashes...

But when M$ doesn't even have information pertaining to the crash on their website, and I have to find answers via a forum..... thats what really torques me off.

The M$ help library is woefully incomplete.....

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]I can't remember the last time I saw a BSoD. It's been at least 6 or 7 years I think. I just assumed that Windows 7 didn't have one. Mind you, I don't run beta drivers or any really obscure hardware.[/citation]

You are extremely lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.