Question Blue Screen of Death happen twice! Back to back days.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
So yesterday I was playing battlefield 1 and around 930pm the blue screen of death happened! So I just let it go and said eh. Then today at around the same time, I got the blue screen of death again playing bf5!! So now Im really concerned because I have never got blue screens of death happen twice in a row at around the same time. So what the???? I about 2 weeks ago installed a new ssd and about 4 days ago installed new dual channel ram from a single channel setup. But my PC ran really well with the new components, until the blue screens of death. I will make an update tomorrow around the same time I posted this if I get another blue screen of death

Last edited:

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Did you make the new SSD a boot drive or anything, or are you just using it for media? Generally any form of software update can cause these blue screens though. Could be a botched Windows update or graphics driver update.

Could try downloading DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers (In safe mode), and then download and install the latest one.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Did you make the new SSD a boot drive or anything, or are you just using it for media? Generally any form of software update can cause these blue screens though. Could be a botched Windows update or graphics driver update.

Could try downloading DDU to uninstall your graphics drivers (In safe mode), and then download and install the latest one.
I installed windows 10 home to my ssd

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
And did you format your storage drives before doing so, so it was a properly clean reinstall without any old files remaining?

Did you install all of your motherboard's drivers?

Also, did you update your Windows after installing Windows 10 Home? Might be a slightly outdated version that needs to be more up to date with the new graphics drivers and whatever.

Jun 20, 2019

Same as this, and make sure any PCI card is correctly in place and there's no wiggle or problem with the connection.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
And did you format your storage drives before doing so, so it was a properly clean reinstall without any old files remaining?

Did you install all of your motherboard's drivers?

Also, did you update your Windows after installing Windows 10 Home? Might be a slightly outdated version that needs to be more up to date with the new graphics drivers and whatever.
My ssd was clean with nothing on the drive when I was installing windows, so yes it was a clean install of windows, and windows has been updating itself manually along the way. And no I have not updated any of my motherboard drivers, just the bios. And I checked the gpu drivers for my rx 580 on amd's website and there is a new driver. I am at school right now, but when I get home I will update all my drivers. I will also update this post/thread if I still get the Blue Screen of death at 9 - 930pm again like the past 2 days.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
Quick update, I also forgot to mention I just recently installed a new PSU from 500 watt (Thermal Take Smart series 80+ white) to a 650 watt (Corsair vengence 650m 80+ silver) . I just got the blue screen of death again, and at about 7:25pm. But this is the 3rd time in a row, and it's pissing me off. It happend when I was playing battlefield 5. And after the blue screen of death, my screen froze twice and blacked out twice, and my motherboard debug led detected a CPU issue!! So now it's like my $800 computer is breaking down or something. Please help. I updated all my drivers to the latest, and windows is updated to the latest version.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
I got this image online from google images, but this is exatly what I am getting. This happens everyday when I'm playing a game like battlefield 1 and 5 or raindbow 6 seige. Any ideas or fix suggetions?
2q2qtdl.jpg

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
For some reason I have been getting this type of BSOD message for 4 days straight, and, today I had it happen twice.

The BSOD states, "Stop code: SYSTEM SERVIVE SERVICE EXCEPTION What failed: win32kbase.sys"

I seem to only get this when I'm playing games like, BF1, BF5, and Rainbow 6 Seige. So what does this mean and, is this a really bad thing, especially if it has been going on for 4 days straight? And how could I possibly fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Can you post a link to the dump files so we can download and debug them my friend?
Typically this is a third party driver just causing core OS to crash.

In the meantime, verify that all of your GPU / Audio drivers are up to date.
You may also want to see if you have a BIOS update available.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
https://we.tl/t-XiJgV6nc6C (The link to the file)

My Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 4.0Ghz CPU
MSI x370 SLI Plus
XPG Z1 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4 Ram
Corsair Vengence 650M 80+ Silver
1TB WD Black 7200RPM HDD, 250GB HP S700 2.5" Sata SSD
XFX GTS Black Edition RX580 1405Mhz 8GB
Windows 10 Home
Enermax Ostrog Case

I have recently updated all my drivers and chipset, and even double checked to make sure all my drivers were the newest version. Windows 10 is also up to date.

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
https://we.tl/t-XiJgV6nc6C (The link to the file)

My Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 4.0Ghz CPU
MSI x370 SLI Plus
XPG Z1 16Gb 3000Mhz DDR4 Ram
Corsair Vengence 650M 80+ Silver
1TB WD Black 7200RPM HDD, 250GB HP S700 2.5" Sata SSD
XFX GTS Black Edition RX580 1405Mhz 8GB
Windows 10 Home
Enermax Ostrog Case

I have recently updated all my drivers and chipset, and even double checked to make sure all my drivers were the newest version. Windows 10 is also up to date.
Just letting you know that is a registry file linked, not a dump file.

MXGamer80

Reputable
Apr 23, 2017
15gb? Only a minidump is required which should be no more than half a MB / 500KB
I think I set it to complete dump. So I set it to automatic memory dump. But I got another bsod, and it's a different error than last time it said page fault in nonpaged area, FLTMGR.SYS (the 15gb dump). I'm sure I will get another one today or tomorrow, so I will message back when I get one again. Sorry for inconvenience.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I think I set it to complete dump. So I set it to automatic memory dump. But I got another bsod, and it's a different error than last time it said page fault in nonpaged area, FLTMGR.SYS (the 15gb dump). I'm sure I will get another one today or tomorrow, so I will message back when I get one again. Sorry for inconvenience.
Nothing to apologise for my friend! Just want to help you get sorted.
Full dumps I can use, but ultimately it becomes a pain to transfer. And usually a minidump suffices.