Blue screen of death! Help me please.

steleten

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hello, I have been getting random blue screens for a very long time now, I have downloaded a few programs, "BlueScreenView" and "WhoCrashed". They are saying that it is "ntoskrnl.exe" that is crashing my computer. They usually occur when watching youtube videos, but sometimes my computer just crashes at random aswell.
I am a real nut when it comes to this stuff, so please take me through this step by step if possible.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi Steleten.

Depending on how much ram you have in the pc, its a good idea to pop your windows installation disk in and do a test of the memory, you should do at least three memory test passes to see if you get any errors. If you don`t then I would take a look at the Psu and ask if it feeding the pc with enough stable power.
If you can also check to see how hot your Cpu is getting could be getting a bit hot. And a nice little dust out of the case if it has never been opened for a few years and a good clean out of all the dust helps it breath a bit to keep things cool.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hi Steleten.

Depending on how much ram you have in the pc, its a good idea to pop your windows installation disk in and do a test of the memory, you should do at least three memory test passes to see if you get any errors. If you don`t then I would take a look at the Psu and ask if it feeding the pc with enough stable power.

If you can also check to see how hot your Cpu is getting, And a nice little dust out of the case if it has never been opened for a few years and a good clean out of all the dust helps it breath a bit to keep things cool.
Do a scan of the Hd also making sure there are no errors on it, and perform a malware check, and a virus check.

steleten

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Hey, thanks for the reply. I will ask my friend for a windows disk today and I'll try that. I just recently cleaned my computer because it was very dusty, the temperature is at about 55C with a game running.