Blue Screen of Death (Help)

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
I started a thread on this a couple weeks ago and thought I had fixed the problem with faulty RAM but unfortunately it was only temporary.

I am getting the Blue screen constantly now. I have tried everything; Factory reset, FURMARK test, Memtest, prime95, Chkdsk, sfc/scannow, seagate tools for windows and all the results come up as being fine (after restoring everything). Given I have only ran these test minimum a amount.

I still believe it is faulty hardware; however, when I restore my computer to factory settings my computer runs fine for days, sometimes weeks and then it decides to crash randomly, and once the first Blue screen appears I can barely run my computer again in normal mode before I have to restore it. Another thing that is weird is I can run it in safe mode and have everything work, but if try to check the memory or look at test viewer while running it it will crash. I guess anything that relates to retrieving something off the Hard drive or stressing the PC. I can even run any ant-viruses or windows updates so once it fails I have limited options.

Every time I have recovered it it has been from the recovery disc. Just last night I recovered it from the recovery partition so I don't expect any errors for a few days.

Error codes I have seen are: 0000...F4 and 0000...7A.

I have tried everything to my knowledge and I am out of options... I don't want to send it in because it is out of warranty but I feel that will be the only way to have a functioning laptop.

Specs: Asus Notebook A53SV series
Intel Core i5-2410M
6GB RAM
64-bit Windows 7
750 HDD Space
Nvidia Geforce GT540M

I appreciate the help.

jungle71

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
have you used the recovery disk to check for errors?. if so can you post the pic of the error or what it came out with so i have an idea. and also are your drivers up to date?

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

As of now it shows no errors. Like I said above I have done a complete factory reset of my laptop so it doesn't detect anything is wrong. As for my drivers I still need to update them, but last time I updated my graphic driver my laptop blue screened days after so I am skeptical of doing it again

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

No, never. Also, I got blue screened again and this time it was a first that it happened in the same day as restoring it... However, I am running in disable driver signature enforcement and it hasn't crashed yet.
However, I heard doing this is risky and I don't know exactly what this command setting does.

jungle71

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013
if it hasnt crashed with driver disabled then one of your drivers is clashing with the OS, plug the monitor to the motherboard and remove the Nvidia GT540m try that and see if the blue screen still ocours.

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

Can I just disable my GPU in the bios instead of taking it out? I don't want to disassemble my laptop if I don't need too just yet.

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

Can I just disable my GPU in the bios instead of taking it out? I don't want to disassemble my laptop if I don't need too just yet.

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

bancosrs

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Alright, I am unable to take out my GPU at the moment. It looks like I am going to have to do it though, but for now what are the risk of running my laptop in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement. I need to use my laptop for school work for a couple more weeks and it has been running fine in this mode but I am not exactly sure what this mode does?

jungle71

Honorable
Mar 6, 2013

nothing.