Question Blue Screen Of Death on Startup

Feb 18, 2019
I built this computer about 5 months ago and everything was running smoothly until about a month ago when this issue first happened. I managed to restore windows 10 to a previous point and all seemed well until it happened again to me today. Every time I try and start I get either into my login screen for windows 10 and then about 5 seconds or so after logging in I get an error or I just get a blue screen of death and an error right after I get past the bios splash screen. The computer keeps going on a loop of resetting and the errors happening. This is the hard drive I'm running "Samsung 970 evo 500gb m.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4" if the hard drive could be the issue and I can post more specs if that is needed. I will list the error codes I receive below:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

SYSTEM_THREAD_NOT_HANDLED

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I don't really know what is happening but I've seen others with similar issues post it in this forum so I am trying that too. Also, it boots into Linux fine thus far after about 30 minutes.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
use 2nd choice in link above, since you can get to login screen. 3rd choice doesn't always work.. seldom in fact.

most bsod caused by driver errors.

minidump folder may not exist, can you go to c:windows and see how big your MEMORY.dmp file is. If its not huge (ie, several GB), zip that and upload it.

Try running memtesst86 (it creates a bootable USB so no need for windows) on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 8 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors.