• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Blue screen of death screwed up my desktop

shogunboy

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Ok, today, the computer hasn't been on for over a few month. So far, in an hour while playing games and listening to music, it suddenly gives me blue screen of death. The screen was saying that I needed to update my BIOS. The problem is that, when I tried to restart, it just shown Gigabyte logo with two options, but both of them doesn't work, and it just froze when booted. How can I update my BIOS when I can't even boot it up?

I can't say much about the motherboard, but all I now is that it is used and made by Gigabyte.

I'll think about that solution, since it hasn't appeared in a while.

Zoron

Splendid
You need to create a bootable floppy or CD with the updated BIOS and whatever flash program needed to do the update.

You may also want to take a look at that motherboard and ensure there aren't any bulging / leaking capacitors.