Blue Screen of death when logging in

Birkitt19

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
Okay so my PC was running just fine and I decided to turn it off, i came back 30 mins later to find everything I type my password in to log on it loads then blue screens?

Connor Newell

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

you know how you said hold f8 arent you meant to spam it?

Birkitt19

Reputable
Feb 5, 2015
None of these seem to be helping, I'm currently in safe mode but I don't know what to do next and the last known configuration still gives a blue screen, my pc does log on and it's all black but then blue screens.

Connor Newell

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

your ram could be the problem try reseating it if you have 2 sticks try just 1 then do it for the other stick also on safe mode install blue screen view

JimF_35

Distinguished

What???

Connor Newell

Honorable
Aug 19, 2013

take it out and put it back in

JimF_35

Distinguished

That's not what I mean. He is able to boot into safe mode so there is nothing wrong with his RAM. Reseating it will do nothing. The issue is something has installed on his computer that is incompatible. This is why he is able to boot to safe mode. Its not a driver issue because the "boot to last know good configuration" did not work. He simply has to figure out what the last thing that was installed on his computer that caused this problem and uninstall it from the safe mode boot.

JimF_35

Distinguished
Boot to Safe Mode then go to Control Panel -> select System -> select Device Manager on the left -> look for any drivers that have a yellow explanation mark on the icon to the left of the driver. If you see one right-click on the driver then uninstall. Then reboot your computer and see if it was the problem.

gregbattis

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

that looks to be the next step.

gregbattis

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012

It wont remove anything dire. You can copy the info from it so you can try to reinstall the driver later if you need to. Until then it is best that you go ahead and uninstall it.