Question Blue screen of death when waking up from sleep (BSOD)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
Hello I have recently got two bsod in 2 weeks and 3 bsod 5months ago so I will post the dmp files if you guys can help me resolve this.

the bsod that I got in july I think it was from riot vanguard but im not sure but I deleted but I need it if i want to play valorant so I can't really delete it. So i will just post every Bsod I got.

the two latest bsod I got was from waking from sleep if anyone can help me

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjrBAQJVJgQT-T8Bquirg2W3Kb3d?e=NdPSE2

this is my dmp file folder

my pc is a gaming laptop Predator PH317-54

• Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
  • Language: French
  • System Manufacturer: Acer
  • System Model: Predator PH317-54
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
  • Memory: 16384MB RAM
  • Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
  • Dedicated Memory: 5980 MB

Last edited:

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
okay, just checking.

Hi brother I got another BSOD waking up from sleep its only been a week it does it every week or 10 days kinda

is it time for driver verifier?

I already deactived fast startup and hibernation
I alreacy checked ram with windows diagnostic + memtest86
and I alreacy checked SSD with western digital software.

Last edited:

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/cypdfh30/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:031422-11484-01.dmp (Mar 14 2022 - 19:30:27)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 48 Sec(s)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018

nooblet0

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019
sup its been almost 3 weeks and I got another BSOD I'm gonna send the dump if it can help
this post is probably not going to be of much help but looks like both of us started having the exact same problem on Acer laptops at almost the same time. Funnily I also had a BSOD today after not getting one for a while. You appear to be having them a lot more frequently though(so far at least).

Found a thread on Acer forums with some users stating that installing some kind of Intel software.
Relevant thread:
https://community.acer.com/en/discu...screens-when-waking-up-from-sleep-hibernation

I haven't tried it yet but since you are having the issue more frequently, it might be easier for you to determine whether the solution even works.

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
this post is probably not going to be of much help but looks like both of us started having the exact same problem on Acer laptops at almost the same time. Funnily I also had a BSOD today after not getting one for a while. You appear to be having them a lot more frequently though(so far at least).

Found a thread on Acer forums with some users stating that installing some kind of Intel software.
Relevant thread:
https://community.acer.com/en/discu...screens-when-waking-up-from-sleep-hibernation

I haven't tried it yet but since you are having the issue more frequently, it might be easier for you to determine whether the solution even works.

The forum posts says SetupRST saved their problems but for me it wont install it says its not compatible so it doesn't help solve my problem

nooblet0

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019

gardenman

Splendid
I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/rhet70am/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:040322-15343-01.dmp (Apr 3 2022 - 00:55:18)
Bugcheck:UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (154)
Probably caused by:hardware_disk (Process running at time of crash: MemCompression)
Uptime:18 Day(s), 15 Hour(s), 15 Min(s), and 50 Sec(s)

Comment: The overclocking driver "IOCBios2.sys" was found on your system. (Intel Extreme Tuning Utility)

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

nooblet0

Reputable
Apr 14, 2019

even more fun stuff. looks like we got the exact same BSOD on the same day too.

i've been trying to recreate the BSOD without success.
just out of curiosity; from your experience, do the BSODs only happen from waking your laptop up from sleep mode? do you think the duration for which the laptop was in sleep mode affects the occurrence of the BSODs

supremekaiqc

Honorable
Feb 11, 2018
even more fun stuff. looks like we got the exact same BSOD on the same day too.

i've been trying to recreate the BSOD without success.
just out of curiosity; from your experience, do the BSODs only happen from waking your laptop up from sleep mode? do you think the duration for which the laptop was in sleep mode affects the occurrence of the BSODs

it only happens when I wake from sleep after like 2-3 weeks time
but this time i can confirm it was on sleep for over 12hours