Jun 8, 2020
Hello Every one !

I'll say the problem in Super full and boring detail hoping for specific answers that are straight to the point, and I hope you have the patience to read it to the very end to fully understand the problem, so, thanks in advance.

first of all I'm using a "Lenovo Legion Y530 Gaming Laptop" with windows 10 Home 64-bit pre-installed bu the Manufacturer. I bought it in August 2019 and it's with me since then and Running pretty good without any major problems.
Specs and discription from the manufacturer:
-Processor: Intel Core i7-87500H @2.20 GHz
-RAM: 16 GB DDR4
-Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050ti 4GB
Storage : 2TB HDD + 256 GB SSD (for System)

Now we get to the Problem in very fine detail:

Well, it all started when I was Playing PUBG Mobile on Tencent's Gameloop emulator after installing it, It ran without problems for some days about a week or two, but suddenly while in the middle of a match the windows crashed and the BSoD appeared saying that the PC ran into a problem and needs to restart an so on, it finished collecting error data and auto-restarted the PC so I didn't notice the error code (note that I'm using a Laptop).
After that the windows started normally and I reopened the emulator and started the game again quickly to rejoin the game and it all went well till the next day.
The next day I played for some time then took a short break so I closed every thing then put the Laptop screen down for it to sleep .. but the LED light on the back of the screen did not turn off, I waited for a while then reopened the laptop screen then closed it, still nothing happens, I waited for a while but it won't turn off so I long pressed the power Button to turn off the laptop and then pressed it again to start it, but after it displays the manufacturer's logo, a black screen appears and nothing happens after that, the windows does not boot and I can't access the login screen, can't access any thing no buttons are doing anything except the capslock and numlock, thie leds are still responding but nothing there except that empty black screen.
I powered off then on the laptop several times using the power button but it always does the same and takes me to that black screen, sometimes the mouse cursor is there and moving an some times it;s not there.
I booted into the Automatic Repair by doing the following:
  1. powering off
  2. powering on and wait for the manufacturer's logo to appear and any sign of loading appears then quickly hold the power button to power off
  3. repeat the previous for 2 or three times until I was booted into automatic repair.

There I tried all possible solutions like:
  1. Removing Recent Updates [Failed to remove them]
  2. System Recovery from a recovery Point [performed the recovery but still takes me to the black screen when I restart]
  3. Tried to boot Into Safe mode [Failed]
Note that: during advanced startup while trying to boot into safe mode, a disc analysis was performed and nothing wrong was found.

4. Finally I Resorted to the Nuclear solution of resetting my PC which re-installs windows while offering to whether keep my files but uninstall non native apps, or just remove everything .. I chose to keep my Files and finally windows is back operating normally.

I re-installed the programs that I need like office, chrome, discord and such programs, I even installed a new graphic card Driver offered By Nvidia because I kept using an old driver since august 2019, and since many sources stated that the graphic driver might be the problem, I thought it really was since it was outdated.
I didn't Re install the "Gameloop" emulator and instead played PUBG Lite for a bit .. by June 7th 2020, a week or so have passed since the problem, and I Re installed the "Gameloop" emulator and started playing PUBG Mobile on the Emulator once again. the first day June 8th 2020 went fine.
But on Wednesday, June 9th, In the Middle of a PUBG Mobile Match, Windows Crashes again and the BSoD appears but now the loading percentage of collecting error data remained 0% for a long time and I took notice of the Error Code it was
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

I waited for a while then powered off using the Power Button then Started the Laptop Again .. it took a little bit longer to start but started right at the end and here I'm writing this after searching For the error code online for a while.
Finally I used "Whocrashed" to identify the possible causes and it generated the following report:

==================================================================================================================================================
Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. This system is not configured for complete or automatic crash dumps. For best results, configure your system to write out complete or automatic crash dumps. Select Tools->Crash Dump Configuration from the main menu to configure your system to write out complete memory dumps.

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump
C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports

On Wed 7/17/2019 1:59:04 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\UcmUcsi.sys\UcmUcsi.sys-20190717-0459.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x426B2E)
Bugcheck code: 0x1D4 (0x0, 0x5, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System

The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One crash dump has been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.
==================================================================================================================================================

the strange thing is that it mentioned a code other than "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP"

Actually I'm really afraid to return to the black screen and it's pain after restarting the PC :(

All the online sources stated that I viewed Stated and agreed on the following possible causes and solutions:

-The graphic driver or any other driver might be the cause .... so uninstall the driver then reinstall it or use an older version... and if you are already using an older version try to update it to the latest version

-keep windows up to date or remove latest update if the problem happened after installing it

-the security software (antivirus for example) might be responsible ....... So uninstall it and re install it or switch to another antivirus or just depend on windows defender.

-This error can also appear when overclocking your PC. To fix it, it’s advised to remove all overclock settings

-Hardware issues can also cause this problem to appear. In most cases, the cause for this error is your RAM.

-This issue can appear on your PC, but it can also appear while using
-virtualization software. Users reported this issue on both Virtualbox and VMWare.

These are also headlines for solutions and of some potential causes:
-Remove the problematic driver
-Run the BSoD Troubleshooter
-Run the SFC scan
-Run DISM
-Disable uninstall your security software
I-nstall the latest updates
-Use chkdsk command
-Remove your graphics card driver
-Check if your cables are properly connected
-Check your RAM
-Reset Windows 10

So I came down to the following conclusion:

The first Suspect In my opinion is the Emulator.

Why did I conclude That ?

Well, I originally used to Play PUBG Mobile on the older version of the emulator ("Tencent Gaming Buddy" then it became "Gameloop")
from November or December 2018 till april or may 2019, I was playing it on my desktop PC with somewhat similar specs to the laptop except for a GTX 970 GPU and an intel Core i5 CPU .. and without an SSD. I never encountered a Problem there.
When I bought The Laptop in August 2019 I started doing all sort of work on it, from using Microsoft office to using engineering software like Auto Cad and Solid Works and others to playing pretty demanding games like Assassin's Creed Black Flag and odyssey, I even played older versions like brotherhood and revelations maxed out!
also played Rainbow Six Siege and PUBG Lite, I played these games and worked on other software for prolonged times and the PC's Temperature reached higher values than when playing than on the emulator, yet every thing was going smoothly and no major problems occurred, yet I installed Gameloop and PUBG mobile on it about two or three weeks ago and windows crashed 2 times in that short period.

The laptop occasionally asked me for updates and I installed them and also no problem happened.

I used McAfee Antivirus which was preinstalled on the device when I bought it and eve did't renew subscription since it's 40 day trial ended .. and everything was going smoothly.

-I did't use any third Party hardware, only the mouse and the ear phones,
the only driver that i have that is notorious for causing such problems is the Nvidia graphic driver, although I kept using an old driver from august 2019 till the first crash.. and when I reset the windows and reinstalled geforce experience and updated the driver to the latest version ... and also installed the latest windows update .. yet windows crashed again today and while I was playing the same game on The same Emulator.

also since emulators are sort of a virtualization software, and this was mentioned:
"virtualization software. Users reported this issue on both Virtualbox and VMWare."
That's why I suspect the emulator for being the cause, though I have no idea why?

This Problem is really annoying as I can't know if It's solved or not except by playing the game on the emulator again and taking the risk of causing windows to crash again. :(

I'm Really sorry for making it that long but I needed to make it in complete detail to get the specific answer .. Since then, the only solution that I have is just to avoid playing PUBG Mobile or using Gameloop until I get a detailed explanation and solution to this annoying problem

Thank you very much for you patience and care. :)

Solution
It's most likely the emulator though. Sounds like Tencent did not work on their drivers (low level, critical drivers are a thing for most emulators/virtualization programs) and it's throwing a tantrum (and since it is low level it slips past the safe mode filter-I'm not sure how but I know AV drivers can, so do these) then throwing the blame to ntoskrnl (this is a common thing for poorly coded drivers though). There are a lot of factors to consider and not all of them will apply. I root for Tencent's drivers being crappy, but let's check stuff:

*Have you ever used VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V/QEMU on the computer? If so, try removing them.
*Set your pagefile size to around maximum your total RAM size and half of it minimum (Might be off...

howtobeironic

Honorable
Jun 16, 2018
It's most likely the emulator though. Sounds like Tencent did not work on their drivers (low level, critical drivers are a thing for most emulators/virtualization programs) and it's throwing a tantrum (and since it is low level it slips past the safe mode filter-I'm not sure how but I know AV drivers can, so do these) then throwing the blame to ntoskrnl (this is a common thing for poorly coded drivers though). There are a lot of factors to consider and not all of them will apply. I root for Tencent's drivers being crappy, but let's check stuff:

*Have you ever used VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V/QEMU on the computer? If so, try removing them.
*Set your pagefile size to around maximum your total RAM size and half of it minimum (Might be off than that though, just have it increased, mine's 6-12 GB for 16 GB's of RAM):https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html
*Switch to a better AV than McAfee (the ones that come preinstalled are so hoggy that you'd prefer a virus instead, handing it off to Microsoft Defender is a good thing) using the removal tool:http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp
*Do a thorough disk/RAM check so we are absolutely sure it's not something else, use Windows Memory Diagnostics :https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-detect-bad-ram-with-the-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/ and chkdsk: https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/

Reactions: Gebro_777
Solution
Jun 8, 2020

*Set your pagefile size to around maximum your total RAM size and half of it minimum (Might be off than that though, just have it increased, mine's 6-12 GB for 16 GB's of RAM):https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html
*Switch to a better AV than McAfee (the ones that come preinstalled are so hoggy that you'd prefer a virus instead, handing it off to Microsoft Defender is a good thing) using the removal tool:http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp
*Do a thorough disk/RAM check so we are absolutely sure it's not something else, use Windows Memory Diagnostics :https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-detect-bad-ram-with-the-windows-memory-diagnostic-tool/ and chkdsk: https://neosmart.net/wiki/chkdsk/

Sounds like a good and sensible answer, I'll try your recommended checks then Update you with anything that I find.

well I never used VMware/VirtualBox/Hyper-V/QEMU on the computer, the only virtualization process that took place on the computer was on tencent's gameloop emulator

I also think there is a Problem with the emulator's drivers especially in getting along with my system, because I didn't find this problem as it is anywhere online.

But for the time being, I'll refrain from using the emulator until further notice and to see If the problem will happen again away from the emulator.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it:D
If you have anything to add, please do.

Reactions: howtobeironic