Blue Screen of Death While Rendering Help Please?!

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
After updating to W10 Anniversary update a couple weeks ago I cannot render a video in Camtasia or Sony Vegas pro 13.

Halfway through rendering my computer freezes and then Bam! BSOD. This seems to be the only time I get BSOD. Other

than one other time the other day it happened while trying to format a thumb drive.

If someone could please help me out with this Id greatly appreciate it! will reply immediately. thanks :bubbles:

Some PC SPECS (not sure what you need to know)

Was built in late 2014 by OriginPC, Original OS was W7 home premium Upgraded free to windows 10.

Ive never in the life of my machine Fresh installed windows myself or Reset it. Im thinking of doing so

unless someone thinks its a bad idea.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 780ti

Intel Core i7-4790k cpu @ 4.0ghz

Motherboard- Asus Gryphon z97

16gb ddr3 ram

650 watt power supply

Solution

something like Google drive or One drive or Dropbox or any number of file sharing sites

Colif

Win 11 Master
can you download and run who crashed: http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed
it will give us a suammry of the bsod you getting and might show what caused it

Copy/paste results in here

Can you also follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Computer name: SHARMANE-PC
Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 14393
Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., GRYPHON Z97
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17118629888 bytes total

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 9/10/2016 3:04:10 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091016-8562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A0D0)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFF8300E06A2180, 0x2)
Error: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 9/10/2016 3:04:10 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal!HalPerformEndOfInterrupt+0xC6)
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFF8300E06A2180, 0x2)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\hal.dll
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This indicates that an expected clock interrupt on a secondary processor, in a multi-processor system, was not received within the allocated interval.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 9/10/2016 2:54:25 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\091016-9593-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x3620F)
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF8A06EC17B028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 9/7/2016 12:24:29 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090616-8625-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFFD20A6F576028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This problem might also be caused because of overheating (thermal issue).

On Tue 9/6/2016 11:33:03 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090616-9890-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x124 (0x0, 0xFFFF83890916D028, 0xBE000000, 0x800400)

On Tue 9/6/2016 6:26:57 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090616-7796-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFFB700034A2180, 0x2)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 9/4/2016 12:46:38 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090416-8218-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFC608CB3DA060, 0xFFFFF80398F50960, 0xFFFFC608CB3CE990)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

On Sat 9/3/2016 7:27:59 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\090316-7687-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0x101 (0x18, 0x0, 0xFFFF9400A4A81180, 0x6)

On Sat 8/20/2016 5:46:59 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\082016-7609-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x149F90)
Bugcheck code: 0x9F (0x3, 0xFFFFB1008DDC78D0, 0xFFFFF802C37C5960, 0xFFFFB10089FCB010)
Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.

Conclusion

9 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Connsider using WhoCrashed Professional which offers more detailed analysis using symbol resolution. Also configuring your system to produce a full memory dump may help you.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Ive been waiting all day for someone to help. Thanks for responding. Its really late hear now and I have to go to bed but will be up around 9a.m. tomorrow. thats 8 hours from now. I have to get some sleep. I wont respond immediately until then but please any info just send it and I will reply in the morning. Thanks to anyone else out their who chimes in while im gone. zzzz

Colif

Win 11 Master
do the dump file tomorrow as it will help more than who crashed

Clock watchdog timeout and WHEA errors are hardware errors relating to CPU so check if you have latest bios & motherboard drivers, it doesn't look like you are overclocked. Maybe check fans are working and clean inside case

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
It is a bit dusty inside. I do a deep clean in my case every few months because it gets loaded with cat litter dust and cat hair. Its crazy. I will definitely do the rest tomorrow. Thanks so much for your help. ttyl hopefully.

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from negligentgamer : "BSOD When rendering With Camtasia"

I have a cheap RCA Cambio Windows 10 32 bit anniversary update, Intel 1.83 GHz quad core processor, 32 GB hardrive. Yeah its a piece of crap in theory but It can Render Videos just fine it obviously takes a bit longer than I would like but my 2500$ dollar computer BSOD's every time I render video after the Anniversary Update.

What could be the problem. I have been on forum after forum with no resolution. The problem can't be that serious if my little cheapo tablet/laptop can function without blue screening.

Please someone can you help me?

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from negligentgamer : "Blue Screen of Death While Rendering Help Please?!"

I have a cheap RCA Cambio Windows 10 32 bit anniversary update, Intel 1.83 GHz quad core processor, 32 GB hardrive. Yeah its a piece of crap in theory but It can Render Videos just fine it obviously takes a bit longer than I would like but my 2500$ dollar computer BSOD's every time I render video after the Anniversary Update.

What could be the problem. I have been on forum after forum with no resolution. The problem can't be that serious if my little cheapo tablet/laptop can function without blue screening.

Please someone can you help me?

negligentgamer

Commendable
Sep 10, 2016
Great News! I just installed the new "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3189866)."

Literally an hour ago before I got the update I tried rendering a few videos for bleeps and giggles only to be greeted by the same ol' BSOD

immediately after installing the update I tried to render another video again for even more bleeps and giggles and No Blue Screen! The Video rendered quickly and completed!

First time since the Ann. Update.

My problems with rendering all began in first place with the Windows Anniversary update so maybe hopefully this Cumulative Update fixed the problem...Fingers crossed :bananas: