Blue Screen of Death

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Ooook..

So i have a quad core system with 4 gigz of ram. On occasion I get 1 of two problems

a. my computer screen completely freezes like its a screenshot. only a hard reboot gets it unlocked

b. BSOD

The blue screen seems to happen 99% of the time upon shut down.

Nvidia drivers are up to date, chipset drivers up to date, sound up to date. windows constantly updated, network card up to date drivers.

temps on the system's cores never go above 47 degrees and the vid cards top out at 63 degrees even with serious load

EventViewer does not show anything as being wrong except that the computer was not safely shutdown from the bluescreen

I have no real clue what I am doing with the dump files and i have a couple saved. Not sure how to put them up so others can read . I downloaded BlueScreenView by NirSoft to try and read the files

I meant to post earlier, but got in a hurry this morning, so i emailed my dump files from my home computer that is windows 7 64 bit to my work computer. My work computer uses xp 32 bit and is a different system i should point out so not sure if the results i get are different or the same.

Bug Check screen on the blue screen said something more generic than what it says in the BlueScreenView.
BlueScreenView is saying the following

Bug String - Process Has Locked Pages
Bug Check Code - 0x00000076

Caused by Driver - ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by Address - ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
Crash Address - ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

Computer specs

windows 7 64 bit home
500 GB SATA II 3.0 GB 16MB 7200RPM
1G DDR2 PC6400 MEMORY
BLACK SONY 1.44MB FLOPPY DRIVE
KILLER K1 HIGH SPEED NETWORK CARD
EVGA NVIDIA 9800GTX+ 512MB PCI-E x 2
BLACK SAMSUNG 20X DVDRW
BLACK 16X DVD ROM
ASUS 780SLI P5N-T DELUXE MB
Corsair Enthusiast 700WATT POWER SUPPLY SLI
AC97 ONBOARD SOUND
INTEL QUAD CORE Q9550

All I have no clue what exactly the ntoskrnl is even after reading about it or how to fix it.. or if that is even the problem.

Any help?

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Yea..

Only changes were a PSU changed out cause old one seemed to be knocking out power and of course windows updates. I keep all the drivers up to date, tried system restores and even went to a system backup. None of that helps

I been checking even viewer but it has no record of any sort of problems, except of course error from system not being shutdown correctly from the actual BSOD. I do know that it seems to happen most when WoW launcher does not close and open the program correctly which I am thinking has something to do with that, but thats not really hardware nor driver.. bit surrpsied that would crash windows into a BSOD

Maybe though..

As far as the freeze ups, I am at a loss. I cannot find any rhyme or reason to them nor any logs nor consistancy in them.. ran memory tests which check out, clean out my registries properly, drivers all up to date always even my mobo drivers.. no overheating unless my cores are jumping 40 degrees instantly or my vid card 50 degrees

angry12345

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010

drivers are all the latest including mobo drivers, I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling programs suspected to be culprits, and I have rolled back system. None of this has worked

Windows is always updated to latest update..

I can activate this problem at will. All I have to do is use Blizzard Launcher and if it doesnt load WoW, I know I will get a blue screen... Blizzard will not respond to issue so that is why I am here..