blue screen of death

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
after running perfectly the previous night. i turned my computer on in the morning, and got the message - your computer has run into a problem and needs to restart. we're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart. it then got stuck in a loop of re-booting, these are some of the error messages that i got.
kmode_exception_not handled
critical_process_died
memory_management
DPC_watchdog_violation
kernel_security_check_failure
bad_pool_header
when i do manage to get to my desktop, nothing works, if i press the windows key (start button) it just goes back to the blue screen of death, so i cant try to restore, check hard ware or manage to do anything to check my problem, any suggestins??

Solution
The reset button on a desktop pc restarts machine.. i never knew laptops didn't have them so I expected everyone knew what it was... Desktops have a power and a reset button. Its only confusing now that windows 10 has a reset function that doesn't do same thing.

Since you don't have function, and you have a hdd, we will use the USB once you make one to get into advanced start up.

I assumed the best post was a mistake so I removed it.

Colif

Win 11 Master
one thing you will probably need is this

On a another computer download the windows 10 media creation tool and make a bootable USB/DVD of Win 10: Win 10 Media creation tool

As a precaution, as many of these errors deal with data, download this as we may need to test the ram: http://www.memtest86.com/

Do you run Anti virus? Could it be a virus?

The memory management error can be hardware or software.

This only works if you not in a boot loop - you should be able to get to advanced start up by starting pc, when windows starts to load, hit the reset button.. do that combo about 4 times and it should load into automatic repair.
select troubleshoot
select advanced
Select start up options
choose one of the 3 types of safe mode...

See if you get any bsod in here

What are the specs of the machine?

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
machine is toshiba satelite pro, c850. core i5 processor, 6 gig ram and 500 gig harddrive...
i have tried the reset button, but nothing happens, it just goes straight to the sign in page

Colif

Win 11 Master
The reset button on a desktop pc restarts machine.. i never knew laptops didn't have them so I expected everyone knew what it was... Desktops have a power and a reset button. Its only confusing now that windows 10 has a reset function that doesn't do same thing.

Since you don't have function, and you have a hdd, we will use the USB once you make one to get into advanced start up.

I assumed the best post was a mistake so I removed it.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
On the logon screen, there is a power button right? Hold shift and choose restart
this loads you into advanced start up
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options
select 4,5 or 6 to get safe mode.

try doing stuff in here, see if it bsod

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
tried this, again it goes directly to the sign in page. i know im not the most computer literate person but nothing is working . i have a friend making me a repair disk, hopefully this will work, but any more suggestions will be gratefully received

Colif

Win 11 Master
so desktop is froazen and you can't get into advanced start...

your computer doesn't want us to get in.

he should burn you a win 10 install disc too. It will get us where you need to be, even if its just to run reset (not the button function) and take Win 10 back to basics.

get him to make to make memtest too, as this could still be anything.

Without seeing the codes attached to those errors, its hard to say what cause was.

daltug

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
thanks for all your help guys, my friend made me a media creation tool disk, after the machine ran a diagnosis and repair, it finally allowed me to get to the advanced start up, here i ran a clean install, it took me back to windows 8.1, but for me that was great news, as i wasnt that inpressed with windows 10 anyway