• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Blue Screen of death

walrusfoxtrot1

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
My PC has been randomly restarting a couple months ago and today it crashed to a blue screen of death. The error message accompanying it stated that sin32k.sys Critical Structure Corruption caused the crash. I have changed out the PSU, run stress tests on the GPU and CPU which came back normal. So, I don't know if it is hardware or not related. I ran anti-virus and malware scans which other than a couple tracking cookies are clean.

I ran a driver verification test as the issue could very well be related to corrupt drivers and my PC crashed to BSOD of death 2 times. Eventually, it did a system recovery and hasn't crashed since.

However, I don't believe the underlying issue has been fixed. I don't know what driver might even be causing these issues. Any suggestions?

My specs are:
Windows 10 Home 64
AMD A10-6800K 4.10 GHZ
AMD Radeon R9 390 8 GB 18.2.2
8 GB RAM

Thanks in advance for your help!