[SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death

Jun 10, 2019
About a week ago I got a blue screen of death, I restarted the pc after a few hours of gaming it appeared again. Since then it has not appeared and I’ve tried to find out what it is. Could it possibly be my power supply? My temps are fine, CPU running at 65°C while gaming and GPU running at around 68°C while gaming.

I have a
Ryzen 3 2200g overclocked to 3.9ghz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb OC (also over clocked)
16gb 2666mhz ram
Asus Prime B450M-A
And a 450w Corsair PSU

Could it be the power supply not giving enough power to the system? By the way I’m planning on upgrading the cpu to a R5 3600, will I need a bigger power supply? I was thinking a 700w.

Solution
I've debugged the minidump you've linked and you can view the full report here: Dump Report

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80401dce8da, fffff68ca6cd7890, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpGetProcessInformation+4f7 )

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80401dce8da, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff68ca6cd7890, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

It's a bit of a misconception that a BSOD is one problem, in fact there are a multitude of BSOD types, and each one of these have various sub types of bugcheck, so no BSOD is the same really. In order to properly diagnose what BSOD you are encountering and how it could be resolved, please see this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

We would need to know the details of the BSOD, and the best way for this is often to grab the minidump as shown in the guide above.

As a quick port of call however:
  • Remove any overclocks by resetting BIOS first and see if the issue persists.
  • What exact model Corsair PSU is it? VS per chance?

Reactions: YK16
Jun 10, 2019

It's a bit of a misconception that a BSOD is one problem, in fact there are a multitude of BSOD types, and each one of these have various sub types of bugcheck, so no BSOD is the same really. In order to properly diagnose what BSOD you are encountering and how it could be resolved, please see this guide: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...nclude-in-blue-screen-of-death-posts.3468965/

We would need to know the details of the BSOD, and the best way for this is often to grab the minidump as shown in the guide above.

I will take a look at the guide thank you for your help.
As for the power supply it’s a Corsair CX450M 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified Power Supply

Thank you for your help

Reactions: PC Tailor
Jun 10, 2019

Im not sure where to put the link for the minidump.

https://we.tl/t-frVi54aF8k

Ryzen 3 2200g overclocked to 3.9ghz
Gigabyte GTX 1060 3gb OC (also over clocked)
16gb 2666mhz ram
Asus Prime B450M-A
And a 450w Corsair PSU

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
I've debugged the minidump you've linked and you can view the full report here: Dump Report

Summary of findings:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80401dce8da, fffff68ca6cd7890, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpGetProcessInformation+4f7 )

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80401dce8da, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff68ca6cd7890, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
A memory access violation occurred. (Parameter 4 of the bug check is the address that the driver attempted to access.)

PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

Some things to consider:
  • I noticed your RAM was running at 2800, if this is with any overclock or XMP enabled, remove them and see if the issue persists. Remove any other overclocks you may be running at all. (I saw Intel XTU, put this back to default).
  • There is a BIOS update available for your motherboard, that may need to be considered
  • I see the GLCKIO2 driver pop up quite a bit, and I believe it has been known to cause some issues.
  • There should be some NVIDIA Video driver updates for you to download too.

I know @Colif has had a fair bit of experience with the drivers you have listed.

Reactions: YK16
Solution
Jun 10, 2019

Summary of findings:

Some things to consider:

• I noticed your RAM was running at 2800, if this is with any overclock or XMP enabled, remove them and see if the issue persists. Remove any other overclocks you may be running at all. (I saw Intel XTU, put this back to default).
  • There is a BIOS update available for your motherboard, that may need to be considered
  • I see the GLCKIO2 driver pop up quite a bit, and I believe it has been known to cause some issues.
  • There should be some NVIDIA Video driver updates for you to download too.
I know @Colif has had a fair bit of experience with the drivers you have listed.
Ok wow when I looked at the minidump it was like pages of random symbols and you could tell all of that form the minidump, that’s crazy. Anyways thank you so much for your time and help I will do the things you suggested.