[SOLVED] Blue Screen of Death

Jan 23, 2021
Hi! So a few months ago I got a BSOD when I was playing a game. It never happened again, just that time. After this I checked the dump file and made some things ( ran chkdsk, sfc and dism; updated gpu drivers; updated windows; checked ram).
The bug check code is this:

0x00000101 (0x0000000000000010, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffc00176200180,
0x0000000000000004)

This is a print screen from bluescreenview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/147T0MRtxN8KVrCRnNkpzAWZhj-96S2mG/view?usp=sharing

I forgot to say... After those procedures sfc and dism found errors and solved them, chkdsk didnt find any error and memory test didnt find any error too (I know this is not important to say).

PC Specs:

MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME A320-K
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - NO OC
GPU - MSI RX 580 ARMOR - NO OC
RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) TEAMGROUP 2400MHZ
SDD - Kingston A400 240gb
HDD - TOSHIBA 1TB
PSU - KOLINK 600W 80PLUS

I bought this pc about 16 months ago. Everything has been working normal. I play every game ithout any problem. I would just like to know what could´ve caused it and if I solved it (maybe) with the procedures I made.

Solution
i would have stopped thinking about it a month or so after it last happened. 1 BSOD in 8 months is not a concern :) (unless last time you used PC was 8 months ago. If you used it constantly since and its been fine, don't think about it any farther)

Colif

Win 11 Master
if its never happened again, you probably have nothing to worry about. Its possible newer drivers since then have fixed it.
if it happens again, go to c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Jan 23, 2021
if its never happened again, you probably have nothing to worry about. Its possible newer drivers since then have fixed it.
if it happens again, go to c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
  1. copy that file to documents
  2. upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site,
  3. and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem
Well... it´s been 8 months since that BSOD happened. Do you think it could have been a software issue? It says it was caused by hal.dll . I did a ram test, hard drive test and nothing wrong. So then I did chkdsk, sfc /scannow and dism. So if it was a software error it may have been solved with sfc or dism right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
8 months... its ancient history at this stage.
hal.dll is hardware abstraction layer. it sits between windows and hardware.

Clock watchdog timeout is more a hardware error but it can be fixed with drivers. You updated drivers after it happened... I could guess one of those fixed it. Since it hasn't happened again.

Jan 23, 2021
8 months... its ancient history at this stage.
hal.dll is hardware abstraction layer. it sits between windows and hardware.

Clock watchdog timeout is more a hardware error but it can be fixed with drivers. You updated drivers after it happened... I could guess one of those fixed it. Since it hasn't happened again.
Since that I think I just updated gpu drivers. Do you think I should maybe try a stress test to see if my cpu and gpu are working fine? They have been working fine and I have been playing a lot of heavy games and its been normal. Just asking... even 8 months after it ahah.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What temperatures you get would depend on the ability of your Case & CPU fans to keep PC cool. OCCT is a stress test to make sure Overclocks are stable, so obviously it is going to make things hot.

The PC has safety limits and will slow the CPU down or turn it off if it gets too hot.

Any temp up to and including 85C is fine on Ryzen CPU, they will shutdown at 95C. Most I seen on my 3600 is 75C running CPU-Z stress test.

Jan 23, 2021
What temperatures you get would depend on the ability of your Case & CPU fans to keep PC cool. OCCT is a stress test to make sure Overclocks are stable, so obviously it is going to make things hot.

The PC has safety limits and will slow the CPU down or turn it off if it gets too hot.

Any temp up to and including 85C is fine on Ryzen CPU, they will shutdown at 95C. Most I seen on my 3600 is 75C running CPU-Z stress test.
So I did the tests. I did the CPU test and the RAM test with OCCT. It didn´t find any errors in my RAM. My CPU reached a max temp of 80ºC and has no errors or problems too. I ran sfc and checked my disks and every thing is perfect. Sfc didnt find any integrity error. What do you think?

Jan 23, 2021
I think its probably okay. You haven't had any problems in 8 months. Whatever caused it might be gone now. It might have just been a one off. One isn't a concern, especially since it wasn't today.
Maybe it was solved with sfc or dism. So I don´t need to worry about it right?

Colif

Win 11 Master
i would have stopped thinking about it a month or so after it last happened. 1 BSOD in 8 months is not a concern :) (unless last time you used PC was 8 months ago. If you used it constantly since and its been fine, don't think about it any farther)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS