[SOLVED] Blue screen on boot leads to automatic repair loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2019
I woke up to my pc booting blue screens after yesterday doing casual use. It blue screened three times and now I’m stuck on a windows 10 repair loop and it displays “D:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt”. I have tried EVERYTHING. I did all the stuff in the command prompt and even tried resetting the hard drive completely but it leads to an error also. I have bypassed system restore from being protected too using cmd prompts and I still get an error. Now the continue button doesn’t say Continue to Windows 10 anymore and it just says “Continue to” and it’s blank. I have a lot of important files, please help! If I have to lose them to fix it then I will, I don’t understand the USB windows ISO process either, if thats the only solution, please explain.

Solution
After my usb is set up, do I just plug it into my motherboard and it’s an automated process?

Once the USB and everything is ready, plug the USB into a USB slot on the board and reboot. You will need to select the boot screen option on the function keys so that will be F9 F10 etc. The bootup screen will show you.

Once you get that it will show you all the devices that is plugged into the PC and you will be able to select the USB...once you select that it will boot into windows setup&install....from there on i believe you would know what to do :)
Jul 24, 2019
Download Windows 10 and use a program called rufus to create a bootable ISO of windows 10.

You will need to reinstall Windows 10.

If you had a Windows recovery you can try and recover it to a previous state where it was working but normally this is not a automated setup.

Just to be clear so I have a starting point you did this?
  1. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
  2. Select Command Prompt from list of options.
  3. When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:

bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
4. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):
chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Jul 31, 2019
Just to be clear so I have a starting point you did this?
  1. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
  2. Select Command Prompt from list of options.
  3. When Command Prompt appears, enter the following lines and press Enter after each line in order to run it:
bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd
bootrec.exe /fixmbr
bootrec.exe /fixboot
4. To perform these commands, you need to know drive letters for all your hard drive partitions. In Command Prompt you should enter the following (but remember to use the letters that match your hard drive partitions on your PC):
chkdsk /r c:
chkdsk /r d:

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
Yes, I tried that multiple times.

Jul 31, 2019
Download Windows 10 and use a program called rufus to create a bootable ISO of windows 10.

If you had a Windows recovery you can try and recover it to a previous state where it was working but normally this is not a automated setup.
Is there an article or youtube video that I could follow?

Jul 31, 2019

And a video/article for the recovery process, I would like to try it before I reinstall windows.

Jul 24, 2019
Is there an article or youtube video that I could follow?

Very easy to use...

Download - https://rufus.ie/
If you do not have an ISO - https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

Download the ISO tool...install...and select the windows you would want to download. So in this case windows 10. Make sure you select the latest windows version.

Once the ISO download is completed launch Rufus...make sure you have the USB plugged in....it will select the USB device by itself. If it doesnt you can change that yourself, now for selecting the ISO....there is a select button...click that and go and select the ISO that you downloaded...and at the bottom it will say ready...once you click start it will reformat your USB and make it bootable with WIndows 10 ISO on it. Make sure its an 8GB USB.

This is very easy steps and very easy programs to use.

Jul 31, 2019
Very easy to use...

If you do not have an ISO - https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techn...icrosoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

Download the ISO tool...install...and select the windows you would want to download. So in this case windows 10. Make sure you select the latest windows version.

Once the ISO download is completed launch Rufus...make sure you have the USB plugged in....it will select the USB device by itself. If it doesnt you can change that yourself, now for selecting the ISO....there is a select button...click that and go and select the ISO that you downloaded...and at the bottom it will say ready...once you click start it will reformat your USB and make it bootable with WIndows 10 ISO on it. Make sure its an 8GB USB.

After my usb is set up, do I just plug it into my motherboard and it’s an automated process?

Jul 24, 2019

Once the USB and everything is ready, plug the USB into a USB slot on the board and reboot. You will need to select the boot screen option on the function keys so that will be F9 F10 etc. The bootup screen will show you.

Once you get that it will show you all the devices that is plugged into the PC and you will be able to select the USB...once you select that it will boot into windows setup&install....from there on i believe you would know what to do :)

Solution
Jul 31, 2019

Ok ill give it a shot, thanks!

Jul 31, 2019
Very easy to use...

If you do not have an ISO - https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-download-tool

Rufus is the best tool for Booting purposes. it also give options for MBR Partition and GPT Partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.