Question Blue screen on start up and failing to repair

Jul 18, 2019
So I built my PC with the motherboard being a gigabyte ultra durable B250M-DS3H and graphics card being the gigabyte gtx 1660Ti, I did a bios update thinking it will fix the CPU overheating, I did the update and restarted the pc, played some games, CPU still over heating, but frames were terrible after the update, so I did factory restore to a point after I got the latest windows update, and then it just started blue screening, then it tried to repair it's self and failed, factory restore won't work again and looked up ways of fixing it, but they didn't work, I incredibly need help with this that I caused by my stupidity.

Edit:I can go into recovery mode

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019
Advise of more specs, CPU, cooler, PSU and memory. Can we assume this is a newly put together system that has been overheating from the start? How much overclocking are you doing? If you are overclocking, if you turn it down, do you still have an overheating problem.

My power supply,motherboard,16gb ram,and graphics card are the only new things I got, and no when I upgraded I didn't overclock anything or try to which I thought was automatically overclocked or something, my CPU and hard drive are the only old things I had in my previous PC, and before it has been overheating and being incredibly loud when working hard, but now idk because it now blue screens on start up and fails repair after I try to recover a point on my PC after bios update.

Jul 18, 2019
Sorry forgot about the specs, Intel(R) Core I7-6700 CPU 3.40GHat,GTX 1660 Ti,B700H GIGABYTE (power supply),B250M-DS3H Ultra durable motherboard,vengeance lpx 16Gb ram. The loud noise is the CPU fan, and when I bought the mother board it said it can use the 6th get and the 7th get Intel cores, which mine is a 6th gen.

Jul 18, 2019
Sorry forgot about the specs, Intel(R) Core I7-6700 CPU 3.40GHat,GTX 1660 Ti,B700H GIGABYTE (power supply),B250M-DS3H Ultra durable motherboard,vengeance lpx 16Gb ram. The loud noise is the CPU fan, and when I bought the mother board it said it can use the 6th get and the 7th get Intel cores, which mine is a 6th gen.

Jul 18, 2019

The noise from your CPU fan/cooler may be an indication the CPU fan is the casue of your high CPU temps and/or of pending failure of the fan. Often the fan will be working overtime when it is incapable of properly cooling the PU Check out this post for a replacement. Checkout this post for a replacement cooler; the CooMaster 212 has a good repution and is relatively inexpensive if that is an issue. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-cpu-cooler-for-i7-6700k.2953272/

Jul 18, 2019
The noise from your CPU fan/cooler may be an indication the CPU fan is the casue of your high CPU temps and/or of pending failure of the fan. Often the fan will be working overtime when it is incapable of properly cooling the PU Check out this post for a replacement. Checkout this post for a replacement cooler; the CooMaster 212 has a good repution and is relatively inexpensive if that is an issue. https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/best-cpu-cooler-for-i7-6700k.2953272/
Alright, but what about the blue screen on start up and fail repair stuff, that's all my PC does when starting up, and recover last point doesn't work

All can be attributed to overheating; a CPU can become very hot in seconds with out a fully functioning cooler. The Windows Restore utility needs to be configured in Windows 10 (the default is disabled) before it will do anything but list restores it should have done, which appear as saved restore points and even then if there were actual restore points, it often fails when needed anyway.

Jul 18, 2019
All can be attributed to overheating; a CPU can become very hot in seconds with out a fully functioning cooler. The Windows Restore utility needs to be configured in Windows 10 (the default is disabled) before it will do anything but list restores it should have done, which appear as saved restore points and even then if there were actual restore pints, it often fails when needed anyway.
Oh, alright, thanks 👌