blue screen on startup everytime

sami5991

Honorable
Oct 11, 2014
Basically, every time I boot up my PC, it says "Starting Automatic Repair".
I am then confronted by the Windows 8 blue screen.
To load the OS, I have to click on "Choose Device", and then click on UEFI: Crucial (My OS is on a Crucial SSD)
After that the PC restarts and boots into the OS with no problems.
Can anyone shed light on why this happens or how I can fix it?

Most installed software, including games and chrome, write to the registry. Anything that writes to the registry can potentially cause system instability. Most of the time it won't, but the possibility exists.

That having been said, do you have another drive installed in the machine besides the SSD? Do you have a CD or usb stick in the PC right now?

Check your cables. Seems like you unplugged something else besides the drives. If you PC is booting, but you have no image, then either the video card isn't receiving power, or the signal isn't getting from the video card to the monitor.

If your PC is not booting to at least the BIOS, check power cables to the motherboard.

sami5991

Honorable
Oct 11, 2014
I've already tried and checked everything, I even tried different cables and I also tried disconnecting the PC from the power and holding the on/off button for a while. Still no dice.

Does you motherboard have a speaker for beep codes? If so, is it giving the single "all's well" beep on startup?

I'd go over it again thoroughly. unplug and reseat all the cables. Unless you shorted the motherboard, 95% of the time the issue is something is disconnected when the monitor isn't receiving a signal.

If you have another known good video cable, try that as well.

sami5991

Honorable
Oct 11, 2014
OK I fixed the issue, although it doesnt really make sense, I basically opened the menu of the monitor and switched from USB1 to USB2 (my monitor has USB ports)
And the OS loads properly now. Thanks for the help quilciri