Blue Screen on startup

escapee88

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2007
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m notebook, and I accidently disconnected the battery to my computer while it was playing some music. I then just simply tried to start it up again, but after a few seconds on the loading screen, it bluescreened. The error was unmountable_boot_volume or something similar. i ran the onboard diagnostics and the DST Short Status Test failed, err# 1000-0142 Unit 4 Drive Fail. On the blue screen, it was 0x000000ED (0x82357900, 0x0000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Before anyone recommends a change in hard drive, my hard drive was working perfectly fine. I didn't hear any clicks or anything, so I was wondering what was the best course of action for me. There is some data on that laptop that is quite important to me, so any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

You can load up a windows XP CD (if you are using win xp) and at the second menu do a 'repair'. That will repair your registry and reinstall any files that were corrupted when you unplugged you battery.

G

Close but no cigar. Boot from a Windows XP CD and choose Repair at the first prompt to get the recovery console. Type "chkdsk c: /p/r" at the prompt. Repeat until there are no errors found. Exit and reboot.

Grumpy

rkings1956

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Hi escapee88, did you fix your problem and if so how? I'm having the same
problem with my dell and I trying to recover my files.

flyter

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
:bounce:
hello,
The Blue Screen of Death is a colloquialism used for the error screen displayed by some operating systems,
Bluescreens on NT-based Windows systems are usually caused by poorly-written device drivers or malfunctioning hardware. In the Win9x era, incompatible DLLs or bugs in the kernel of the operating system could also cause bluescreens. They can also be caused by physical faults such as faulty memory, power supplies, overheating of computer components, or hardware running beyond its specification limits.
the best sulotion here http://www.make-pc-faster.com/
this tool support fixing BSOD.

Helo. Hello. Hello. Test. Test. Test. Escapee88's problem occured on July 28th, 2007. He was drinking heavily that day and has since entered a twelve step program, fathered two children and got a new PC.