Blue screen please help

Jul 15, 2018
Hello I recently upgraded my motherboard cpu and ram. I play world of warcraft and everything was working amazing until world of warcraft shut down with an error message. I then played again with no problems for about 2 hours when I got a blue screen saying something is not right we need to restart windows... the first one said system thread exception not handled.

What failed atikmdag.sys

I got this one 3 times. So I updated all of my drivers made sure my ram was working properly and reset the computer.everything was fine again until I got a different blue screen, with the stop code: dpc_watchdog_violation.

I read up a bit and I have tried reinstalling windows but the computer just turns off halfway though. I don't know what's going on in not great with computers if anyone knows please help. Thank you.

Solution
Hi guys thanks for the replies I think I may have fixed the problem.. I completely uninstalled my drivers and downloaded again to the driver before the newest one.. I have played for about 2 hours now with no error messages. Thanks I'll keep this post updated and see if this has worked. Hopefully thanks again for the help if it does happen again I will follow your steps and go from there.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC? in other words, what parts are in it?

atikmdag.sys is a driver for a AMD GPU (though can also be in AMD motherboards). dpc_watchdog_violation can just be a driver error... or hardware.

shutting down during an install of windows 10 doesn't bode well.

Jul 15, 2018

Gpu is amd radeon rx460 cpu is ryzen 5 1400 mother board is tuf gaming b350m plus my rams are corsair vengence lpx 2 4gb sticks 3200mhz power is corsair something 450w not to sure on last one. Thanks for the reply.

Please add the directory C:\Windows\Minidump into a new ZIP or RAR file and share it here. Use any file hosting service you wish... OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. This will allow us to properly analyze the dumps to determine the cause.

If there are no Dump files present in C:\Windows\Minidump, please follow Option One at the following link, and use the Small Memory Dump option when setting the "Write debugging information" drop down menu:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-configure-windows-10-create-minidump-bsod.html

Alternatively, you can download this registry file to complete the change for you:

https://www.tenforums.com/attachments/tutorials/17693d1429994544-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a-create_minidump_on_bsod.reg

Colif

Win 11 Master
Windows doesn't make the mini dump folder files until you set it up to make them. They more likely to just have a MEMORY.dmp file in C:\Windows now and if they look there, (may need to alter view options to show hidden files and folders) and its below 1gb in size, they can upload that to one of the sites mentioned above...

Not sure why I didn't suggest the minidump file in my last post

Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys thanks for the replies I think I may have fixed the problem.. I completely uninstalled my drivers and downloaded again to the driver before the newest one.. I have played for about 2 hours now with no error messages. Thanks I'll keep this post updated and see if this has worked. Hopefully thanks again for the help if it does happen again I will follow your steps and go from there.

Solution