Blue Screen Then Factory Reset

theleuguem1

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
So i turn off my Toshiba laptop after it install an update, i got the blue screen saying there was an error with the Fat file. I then proceed to reset the laptop, however it didn't finish and now its stuck in the loading innovation screen. I tried to use a USB booting to Access CMD and do the "CHKDSK c:/f" but nothing happens and doesn't allow me to access anything further. Any ideas on how to solve this? it would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
How long did update take to install? just wondering if it was the creators edition
what model laptop? did you change boot order so it saw the USB before hard drive and would boot off it?

odd getting fat file error, that could either be a USB drive or there is one fat partition on drive but its odd to get an error about it during operation.

why did you mention factory reset in header?

Colif

Win 11 Master
How long did update take to install? just wondering if it was the creators edition
what model laptop? did you change boot order so it saw the USB before hard drive and would boot off it?

odd getting fat file error, that could either be a USB drive or there is one fat partition on drive but its odd to get an error about it during operation.

why did you mention factory reset in header?

Solution

theleuguem1

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017

Well it took about 30 to 50 minutes and i think it was the creators edition. The model is C55-A5220 and yes i did change the booting order. I mention Factory reset because itt is what i did to try to solve the problem however that didn't happen. any idea of what's happening?

Colif

Win 11 Master
try turning off secure boot.

First of all, for C55-B5296, enter bios setup (F2 KEY).
- Then go to SECURITY OPTION and turn OFF the SECURE BOOT.
- Go to ADVANCE OPTION and in SYSTEM CONFIGURATION, change the BOOT MODE to CSM BOOT.
- Press F10 to save and exit.
- Plug your USB stick and press F12 to access the BOOT SELECT.
Thats all...

There is more advice here, this seems like a common problem - http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2281449/toshiba-satellite-wont-boot-usb-install.html

i found one fix was to change boot from uefi to csm but this might be counterproductive as win 10 boots off UEFI - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/64755-63-toshiba-satellite-boot

if you can boot off USB should try a start up repair and see if that can help
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

other option is to try to get into safe mode and get a copy of your memory.,dmp file to upload it so we can see what that error was
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

the memory.dmp file should be on the root of C - this means if you open C drive, memory.dmp won't be in a folder, just scroll down.

theleuguem1

Prominent
Apr 24, 2017
Code:

thank you i was able to repair it.